BF4 how do i invite a friend to a multiplayer lobby

by 2muchdifferent

Original Post

Re: BF4 how do i invite a friend to a multiplayer lobby

★★★ Newbie

According to "Options" I have learned that you are supposed to automatically join a friends squad when you join a their game. The catch seems to be that if they are in an empty server and you join, you are automatically put on the other team. 

So the rule seems to be:

Joining a friend on a server will automatically put you in their "squad" unless:

1. The joining player is exactly the second person on the server

2. The joined player's current team has 1+ more players than the opposing team.

3. The joined player's current team is full.

Does this sound right, scumbags at EA?

Message 11 of 63 (87,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've confirmed that this problem is solved. The ability to join squads before the game has been removed and replaced with the automated system I mentioned prior. However, it appears when the servers are working that you will always be on the same team as your friends (or party) if their is enough room on their team. 

Message 12 of 63 (87,751 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The whole point of playing this game for me is to play with friends so you should be able to join before entering a game so you can join together.  It's dumb to have try and hope there is enough room for friends to join you.  I will regret getting this game and not recommend any of my other friends to start playing if they do not fix this.

Message 13 of 63 (87,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the biggest DICE/EA fail !!! I still dont believe that no one answer us about it . EA i'm talkin in the name of hundreds of Italians i've meet online ...

Message 14 of 63 (87,624 Views)

★★ Novice

This is unacceptable servers fill up fast so it is really hard to join your friends after they join a server you should be able to set up a squad pre-battle

Message 15 of 63 (87,572 Views)

★★★★ Novice

BUMP ...

Message 16 of 63 (87,557 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@2muchdifferent wrote:

how do i invite a friend to a multiplayer lobby

Everyone calm down. After speaking to a EA Rep/Game Advisor, I learned that this feature is currently disabled due to the amount of players connecting. It is implemented in the software and game but it is Currently DISABLED. They will bring it back online once they can stabalize the servers and bugs. 

Message 17 of 63 (87,000 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That's funny, an EA rep wouldn't even answer my questions.

Told me to come here where all questions are unanswered and ignored.

I almost have the right mind to call EA and make their ears bleed with complaints about their many mistakes with this game.

Message 18 of 63 (86,981 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@lolitarot wrote:

That's funny, an EA rep wouldn't even answer my questions.

Told me to come here where all questions are unanswered and ignored.

I almost have the right mind to call EA and make their ears bleed with complaints about their many mistakes with this game.

Ya haha well luckily I got connected with a nice guy who was patient and answered my questions.

Message 19 of 63 (86,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm so mad right now. I can't even JOIN my friend because it keeps saying that "No free commander slots".

They better fix this or I'm not ever buying one of their games again. First person shooters are letting me down right now.

Message 20 of 63 (86,844 Views)