Re: BF4 FREEZING ON PS3

by CDSTOCK

Original Post

BF4 freezing on PS3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

My PS3 freezes 20 minutes into online gameplay at random times. I have to do a reset on the system to get it going again. I believe I have the slim model. I first noticed this issue when playing the beta. Can you fix this?

Message 1 of 66 (22,327 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It froze my system during campaign mode, and while playing Commander. ('10 PS3 Slim 250G)

Message 2 of 66 (22,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yep same here, on both campaign and multiplayer and same with my mate.. can barely finish a game without it freezing..  complete reset needed.. so friggin anoying.. better not do this on ps4.

Message 3 of 66 (21,955 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hope the 8 core PS4 CPU will be able to "keep up" with the loading demand for the game. 

Message 4 of 66 (21,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i get a freeze on any game mode in bf4 even commander and single player and what follows with it is my psn freinds list dose not load after rebooting my ps3 from the bf4 freeze . 

Message 5 of 66 (21,559 Views)

Re: BF4 freezing on PS3

★ Novice
Mine also freeze sometime when it display someome online or when i hit the ps button at random time i notice scratch on my disk after each freeze
Message 6 of 66 (21,481 Views)

★ Novice

Freeze everytime I go to the next map. I can only play one game and its freezes doesn't matter if I have ten tickets left once the game is over. It just stays on the next maps loading screen. Real tired of waiting for a fix. I don't even see anywhere that it will get fixed. Makes me wonder if I should buy this **bleep** anymore. 

Message 7 of 66 (21,282 Views)

★ Novice

Freeze everytime I go to the next map. I can only play one game and its freezes doesn't matter if I have ten tickets left once the game is over. It just stays on the next maps loading screen. Real tired of waiting for a fix. I don't even see anywhere that it will get fixed. Makes me wonder if I should buy this **bleep** anymore. 

Message 8 of 66 (21,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey Everyone,

I was having this problem too, I would start a round and it would freeze 10 min into the match and other times I would play the whole match and only have 11 tickets left on a conquest match and the game would lock up and freeze.  I would never be able to get though a match with out freezing up causing me to power off the PS3 and rebooting it, VERY ANNOYING... Sooooo, this is what I did and now I can play no problem and it has not froze on me since.

1. Turn your Playstation off (red light under the power button should be lit up)

2. Press AND Hold the power button, The system will beep, then beep again then beep again one more time as it turns on then off again. Release the button once it turns off again.

3. Press AND Hold again but this time you will hear one beep, then another single beep then 2 beeps back to back. Release the button once you here the 2 quick beeps.

4. You will have to attach your controller to the Playstation with your USB cable, and then choose option 4 "Rebuild Database"

You can YouTube PS3 rebuild database and be able to watch videos of people doing it if your not sure or have never done this before, I totally forgot about this. I use to do it quite often (about once a month) but after a year I stopped and forgot about this. This is what I did and it has reduced lag and eliminated my freezing situation. I have ran 5 days freeze free where I was freezing up EVERY TIME I played and I was getting mad at EA and DICE like everyone else. Now I realize it might have just been the system...

Let me know it this helps anyone and if it does please spread the good word so others can begin to enjoy the game again!

GOOD LUCK

Message 9 of 66 (20,312 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes it happened to me various times now while playing BF4 Beta and BF4 Released version. It occurs while I am playing multilayer. In one hour of play it may happen at least once and I had to restart my ps3 various times. But it has now started happening frequently. I did try to rebuilt the Database as per your steps given but still I am facing the same issue.

If any one can help us ?

I hope EA is doing something about it, as it is happening with BF4 only. Even though, I will be surprised if EA with resolve this problem soon because they  are bothered about new DLC's and new games where in they will earn more.

Message 10 of 66 (18,140 Views)