BF4.exe 0x00004 has failed to start

by commisar90

Original Post

BF4.exe 0x00004 has failed to start

★★ Novice

Hi there, since May 28th my BF4 has not worked.  

To date I have done the following:  

Repair function in origin, full uninstall of all battlefield products an punkbuster followed by a disc install then updates.  Full uninstall then a reinstall using download only, hard disk repair, all driver updates for my Nvidia card an the windows stuff too.  

I run a 3.2Ghz i7, 2Gb Nvidia GE FOrce 770, 1TB Sata drive, windows 7. 

At one stage I found a few forums recommending adding a script into the bf4 files that was missing, it didnt work i have since uninstalled again the done a full download install after the latest patch.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (300 Views)

Re: BF4.exe 0x00004 has failed to start

★★ Novice

EA when will some1 respond?  I thought this forum was so we could get responses?  How long do we have to wait?

Message 2 of 5 (288 Views)

Champion

this is a community based forum, it isn't ea technical support, so someone will answer when they can help you with the problem and it isn't necessarily going to be EA.

are you running 32 or 64bit, what version of gfx driver are you on, are you overclocked on anything?

the error code looks a little short, is it actually 0x00000004?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 5 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Uninstall battlefield 4, origin, punkbuster by using WINDOWS UNINSTALLER. Then install origin, battlefield 4, tell me if it's not worked

Message 4 of 5 (273 Views)

★★ Novice

es thats the acutal error tried doing the script rewrite theing an using windows uninstaller still no joy

Message 5 of 5 (262 Views)