Highlighted

Re: BF4: battlelog browser plugin got it to work using internet explore

★★★ Newbie

What should i do in Aurora?

Message 11 of 65 (26,812 Views)

Re: BF4: battlelog browser plugin doesn't install

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA,

I run windows 8.1 and have the same problems like all other players!!! I cant get the plugin to work,. anyway when i DISABLE the windows defender the game runs and works fine.. but this is not a great solution! when will there be a fix to this issue ?? Kind regards

Message 12 of 65 (26,772 Views)

★ Apprentice

not sure why windows defender would have anything to do with this, I've had the same thing occur on my Win7Ult a couple of times.  I don't have a definitive answer on how I got it to work, other than, shutting down the browser, restarting and reinstalling until i beat it into submission and had no choice but to work.

Message 13 of 65 (26,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For Aurora, treat it the same as Firefox, as it's simply a nightly/development update channel for Firefox.

The following steps helped resolve similar issues I was having; might be worth a try: Activation workarounds for BattleLog Web Plug-ins

Message 14 of 65 (26,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Firefox 26 Beta and above (Aurora) now requires the end user to activate plugins manually, either via the popup box at each website, or via the plugins list. For the easiest solution, open your plugins list through the Firefox menu and set the Battlelog Game Launcher Plugin as well as ESN Sonar API to "Always activate".

For IE11, similar things apply, easiest solution here would be to lower the security settings from medium-high to medium in IE's internet options.

Hope that helps.

Message 15 of 65 (26,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine won't work on Windows 8.1. What crap when will the fix be out and does any one know of a fix that I can perform to fix this so I can play this amazing game.

Message 16 of 65 (26,754 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@TrooperFox8 wrote:

Mine won't work on Windows 8.1. What crap when will the fix be out and does any one know of a fix that I can perform to fix this so I can play this amazing game.

Seems like you are using IE 11, try changing the security level from medium-high to medium inside the internet options, or add http://battlelog.battlefield.com to the list of trusted sites:

- Select the security tab from the internet options window

- Deactivate server verification and add http://battlelog.battlefield.com to the list of trusted sites, then activate server verification again.

- Restart IE and try again

Both should allow the plugin to run.

Message 17 of 65 (26,750 Views)

★★ Novice

Solution for Chrome:

1. Download & Install the Plugin like normal.

2. Once the Installation is complete copy this into the URL-bar: chrome://plugins/

3. Once the plugins page loaded look for 'Battlelog Game Launcher' and tick on 'Always allowed'.

4. Pick a server and play the game!

6. Profit.

You're Welcome

Message 18 of 65 (26,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In the chrome://plugins/ page, it doesn't show battlelog game launcher. please help!

Message 19 of 65 (26,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything here and still nothing! I'm on the latest version of chrome

Message 20 of 65 (26,318 Views)