BF4 app crashing when entering server as co-admin on PS4

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 app crashing when entering server as co-admin on PS4

★★★★★ Expert

Paying for a BF4 server and running as admin on my PS4.

No issues accessing it or using the various admin commands.

But after last server/app updates, all being assigned as co-admins can no longer access the server admin function (manage my servers) via the menu choice under the Multiplayer option.

We need to have our co-admins to have access to this, as that is where you edit the list of e.g. players you want to be banned permanently from your server due to glitching.

Right now, only the co-admin function is available within the active gameplay, and here you cannot write the name of players you want banned.

You can only kick/ban players currently active playing on the server.

When trying to access the 'manage my servers' as co-admin your PS4 BF4 crashes and gives a bluescreen as result.

This really needs to get fixed asap please.  We pay to rent the servers, so we need access to the functionality we paid for.  

Anybody experiencing the same or know of a work-around?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (1,783 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 app crashing when entering server as co-admin on PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Unfortunately due to the many wall glitchers that we experience (and EA do nothing to stop those player's accounts with EA) then our banned player list is always running at the full end, being 80-100 players on the list at all times.

We have typically 12-18 admins listed, as that is required to have a fair 24/7 coverage in the real world.

Designing software from EAs side should certainly account for that, if they want to make something that works in the real world.

And if they do not allow for more than 100 players to be on our ban lists, then EA need to be handing out proper penalties to the players that we report to them for glitching. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,385 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

With the latest EA updates to the BF4 platform your PS4 thankfully no longer crashes out with bluescreen.
But the bug still persists...! 

The user is simply just in a loop, where when selecting the server in server Admin dialog and you press X to enter to admin the server, you are just brought back to same page, where you can see the list of the servers that you can admin.  But you cannot enter the admin page for any of the servers where you are only a co-admin.  You can enter the servers you own yourself.

So the bug is still there, but EA do not appear to care to fix this as time has just gone by without any proper fix of this irritating issue.  This despite that we running servers are paying to EA for this function...

Message 2 of 7 (1,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, i am having the same problems, everything was working ok until they enlisted another Admin to the server and now i cant get into at all to change the map rotation, was there any fix to this problem?

Message 3 of 7 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did you ever get it sorted out? as i now have the same problem 2 years later
Message 4 of 7 (1,604 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @awake511,

No, unfortunately they never took the time and effort to truly fix this problem!

It has though in some periods of times been working as supposed to, and then suddenly it reverts back to not working again.

It never thought gives the crashing bluescreen as it did in the very beginning.  But it just simply does not acknowledge that you want to go into the co-server-admin function that it should do.  It simply just places the cursor back as when you enter into the 'Your Servers' area from the first step, as if nothing had happened.

Result is that you cannot get access to admin the server as you were supposed to.

Now again, the BF4 admin functionality on consoles have never been really good, but at least we used to be able to do the most basics functions they had created for this platform.

And having no access at all is truly despicable, as we pay to run (their) servers!

I do however also recognize that it is potentially a 'miss match' between the EA BF4 app for your console, the console SONY PS4 Operating System and then also the EA server software.  As I noticed some periods of it all working well happened after e.g. SONY released on update to the PS4 platform (e.g. when they launched the OS update to support larger harddrives in the PS4, which I have).

And what a few times have (temporary) fixed the problem for me was when resetting the game app local data storage that you have on your local PS4 and then let the BF4 application rebuild this when starting up the game again next time.  If then not entering to start the game round itself but going straight to admin your server, then it will typically work as supposed to a nd grant access.  So then do you admin work as you wanted and then go and play afterwards.  Upon starting to play some game rounds, you may no longer be able to access to admin your server again.  If so, you will need to "rince and repeat" to go into the main admin menu again.

Please notice that you can always access the player admin functions through the Options when in an active game on your console.  So you can always access to kick or ban players while in game, so at least you maintain some control on your server, as its just the main server admin menu area that you cannot access.  But hopefully you wont need that either on a daily basis.

Best of luck with it!

Message 5 of 7 (1,545 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @CyberDyme I have notice issues running server and do commands if you have allot of co-admins and a massive ban list for the game. 

How many co-admins do you have and how many on the ban list? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 7 (1,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Unfortunately due to the many wall glitchers that we experience (and EA do nothing to stop those player's accounts with EA) then our banned player list is always running at the full end, being 80-100 players on the list at all times.

We have typically 12-18 admins listed, as that is required to have a fair 24/7 coverage in the real world.

Designing software from EAs side should certainly account for that, if they want to make something that works in the real world.

And if they do not allow for more than 100 players to be on our ban lists, then EA need to be handing out proper penalties to the players that we report to them for glitching. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,386 Views)