BF4 allways return to black loading screen when joining server.

by BlodstrupmoenNOR

Original Post

BF4 allways return to black loading screen when joining server.

★★★ Novice

I think the new update crashed my game. 

When i join a server everything seems fine until im in game. I play for 2-6 seconds then the game returns to the black loading screen with the litle white line going up and down before the game crashes. 

Does anyone know the reason to this?

Message 1 of 25 (16,646 Views)

Re: BF4 allways return to black loading screen when joining server.

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please provide us some information about your hardware and software? Our community would need your detailed hardware specifications, Windows version (and updates) as well as any other device or special software (like gaming profiler) on your PC.

Did you already tried any workarounds?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 25 (16,533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is exactly what is happeneing to me. i fixed so many other problems and got all the graphics to work and now this is happening.

windows 8.1 64bit
intel core  i7-4700HQ quad core

8gb memory

gtx 765

Message 3 of 25 (16,510 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

is it like this video or do you get further BF4 Errror? All my attempted solutions are here but nothing has worked yet.

Message 4 of 25 (16,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same kind of issue, the battlelog says "Leaving game" and I get black loading screen in-game and it shuts down after 2-20 secs of playing, this has been going on for weeks... I have updated my Graphics drivers GTX 580, updated punkbuster etc. Game worked just fine untill last patch.

Message 5 of 25 (16,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. it has been happening for weeks, ever since the last update.

The game worked perfectly fine for multiplayer ever since release (I had a minor issue with single player, only). Then DICE released their game client update, and ever since installing that I can no longer play multiplayer.

Every single game, after starting up the map, I have about 2-8 seconds of gameplay before it exits completely. Sometimes I don't even have the chance to choose a spawn location.

Windows 8.1, 64-bit

Intel Core i5

8 GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

The only two extra applications I have running are the required ones: web browser (Google Chrome) opened up to Battlelog, and Origin.

As I mentioned above, it worked perfectly for multiplayer ever since release. No crashes, or anything else that people seemed to be reporting. No lag, rarely any rubber-banding (only once or twice, on specific servers).

Since the client-side update was released through Origin, I am experiencing the same issue as the original poster.

I have therefore been unable to play my game for several weeks. I finished single player, and cannot play any multiplayer matches.

Already performed several times:

* Installing all OS updates

* Installing all driver updates

* Repairing game from within Origin client

* Using different web browsers to access Battlelog

Message 6 of 25 (16,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 25 (16,430 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem. Unable to play at all since last update.

PC.

I7 3930 / 3960 (have 2 machines of similar build)
Windows 7 64 Bit

Muskin SSD

2x 2 TB WD Caviar

2 x Nvidia Titan GPU

16 Gb 2400 Mhz DDR3

Usually crashes to black screen on loading but will sometimes let me start playing for a few minutes.

Had this problem in the past and found it was something to with my antivirus marking something as malware and terminating the connection.  Now even disabling that and allowing tracking etc in browsers (something I also found to be causing issues) doesnt address the issue.

Tried using a zero overclocked default build, disabling one of the Titans.  No difference.

Doesnt even seem to give me a windows event error now. Though in the past there was occasionally an access violation code against BF4.exe and Origin

Message 8 of 25 (16,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am too having the exact same problem.  I have 2 pcs running bf4, 1 works fine and 1 crashes after 2-10 seconds of deploying in a map.   These systems have the exact same motherboard, ram and cpu but different video cards.  The one with the 650ti works fine, the one with the 560se crashes everytime.   I have tried repairing game, running the 32 and 64 bit versions, lowering all graphic settings to lowest.   Still no luck.  I have all latest drivers and am now trying different nvidia drivers.  Tomorrow I am gonna put the 650ti in the system that crashes to see if it is the card.

Message 9 of 25 (16,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having same issue on my PS4. Every game i go to join gets a black screen with blinking minus sign on top right. This after most recent update
Message 10 of 25 (15,816 Views)