BF4 Unplayable due to random frame loss!!!

by Lambertido

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Unplayable due to random frame loss!!!

★★ Novice

Hi, here is my issue...I love the BF series but right now I cannot play it unless I continuously remove my drivers and update them again, after closing the session and re opening my frames drop to an un playable amount (10-20fps) normally I get around 70fps on medium or high.

PC SPECS:

AMD FX 8350 8core 4ghz
Gigabyte 2gb 7790 oc
8gb Corsair vengance ram 1600mhz
AsRock Extreme 3 motherboard
Corsair 750watt psu
Hitachi 7200rpm 1tb hdd
Windows 7 home pro

No it isnt my graphics settings!!!
After amd driver 14.8 it has been screwed up
Please help me figure out what the issue is so I can go back to playing my favorite game series!!!!

As soon as possible please!!!!

Message 1 of 4 (342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Unplayable due to random frame loss!!!

Hero (Retired)

Hi Lambertido, by the sounds of it it could just be a bad video card driver or maybe parts of old driver are still kicking on the PC? Not fully sure I could be wrong but if one driver worked and now it does not on new driver this is why I am thinking to try this. Read all this below first your choice how you want to try this.

Get new video card diver or beta on desktop we need to get you a fully clean install of it after steps below.

So what I need you to do download CC cleaner the free version and install CC cleaner on your PC.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Remove the video card driver using the tools area of CC cleaner then reboot the PC.

When windows loads it will install a driver thats normal no big issue, once back on desk top then open CC cleaner again.This time go to the registry area and scan for issues , then pick fix selected issues it will give you the choice to do a back up. Then pick fix all selected issues you may have a ton of issues if you never have used this before its normal. Then reboot your PC again and do all the registry steps again until it finds none. Reboot your PC after you do each scan on registry. Once it finds none then move to the next step.

Now install the video card driver new one or beta when done reboot.

Next test bf4 if you still have issue ....

Try repair game or do this step again as the BF4 cfg could be messed up.......

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4 If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.
4- When done go test your game.

Now test BF4 again

or try it this way ...

Try running CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. It may be software conflicts and/or registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Also, try disabling some of the crap that you may have starting up with Windows. If your tray is full of apps, they may be conflicting with the video card driver.

You may want to uninstall the video card driver, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode, and have it remove any remnants of AMD / Nvidia drivers it finds. Then re-boot and install the latest driver for you card and OS.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi Lambertido, by the sounds of it it could just be a bad video card driver or maybe parts of old driver are still kicking on the PC? Not fully sure I could be wrong but if one driver worked and now it does not on new driver this is why I am thinking to try this. Read all this below first your choice how you want to try this.

Get new video card diver or beta on desktop we need to get you a fully clean install of it after steps below.

So what I need you to do download CC cleaner the free version and install CC cleaner on your PC.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Remove the video card driver using the tools area of CC cleaner then reboot the PC.

When windows loads it will install a driver thats normal no big issue, once back on desk top then open CC cleaner again.This time go to the registry area and scan for issues , then pick fix selected issues it will give you the choice to do a back up. Then pick fix all selected issues you may have a ton of issues if you never have used this before its normal. Then reboot your PC again and do all the registry steps again until it finds none. Reboot your PC after you do each scan on registry. Once it finds none then move to the next step.

Now install the video card driver new one or beta when done reboot.

Next test bf4 if you still have issue ....

Try repair game or do this step again as the BF4 cfg could be messed up.......

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4 If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.
4- When done go test your game.

Now test BF4 again

or try it this way ...

Try running CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. It may be software conflicts and/or registry errors.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Also, try disabling some of the crap that you may have starting up with Windows. If your tray is full of apps, they may be conflicting with the video card driver.

You may want to uninstall the video card driver, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode, and have it remove any remnants of AMD / Nvidia drivers it finds. Then re-boot and install the latest driver for you card and OS.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.h...

Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay thanks dude ill try it then ill get back to you!

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

★★ Novice

Cheers dude! worked perfectly!!!

Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)