Re: BF4 Punkbuster kicks me from every server

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

BF4 Punkbuster kicks me from every server

★★★ Newbie

It just started today to where I get this message every server i try to join... Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'KillBox1B' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe. I have been able to play every day with no issues up until today. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 29 (130,636 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)
Message 2 of 29 (130,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes but that is only if you have Windows Firewall but I don't I have Kaspersky Internet Security and it says in it's firewall that both punkbuster files are allowed !!!

Message 3 of 29 (129,654 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@johntowle wrote:

Yes but that is only if you have Windows Firewall but I don't I have Kaspersky Internet Security and it says in it's firewall that both punkbuster files are allowed !!!

Hello,

1. Open windows firewall
2. click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. make sure that "all programs that meet the spesifications" is checked
6. then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. go to these 2 links:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
10. download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. add a game (eg. bf4)
13. check for updates.

Regards, Libever

Message 4 of 29 (129,636 Views)

★★ Novice

I can not begin to think why I would need to do all this to make a game work that was working fine .........   I freaking need a geek squad to make this game work?

Message 5 of 29 (113,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 29 (112,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Confusedmileysad: yeah kicks me out everytime and i updated punkbuster and still kicks me , how irretating

Message 7 of 29 (100,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Y cant i find an easy way to ask ea why everytime.i use a 100 or 200xp boost it freezes at end of round cheating me from.my.score and kills and xp points but the time used in the one hour alloted is all used up wth when.will the game be.ready.i purchasd it and.purchased.premium.and felt like i was sold some junk whats the deal
Message 8 of 29 (100,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i had this problem out of a sudden.. fixed it by reinstalling punkbuster

DON'T INSTALL PUNKBUSTER FROM IT'S WEBPAGE!! instead install it from your BF4 folder - installer - punkbuster - redist : run pbsvc.exe as administrator

game works fine now Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 9 of 29 (91,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

**bleep** yea dude , thx for these step by step , id never think i could go through these settings and programs and all , but it properly working now , i no longer getting kicked after 10sec for no reason lol , i even called EA and tried everything on the phone with this customer support , he sent my situation to an expert in their department , but now it is working cause of ur help , thank you :D

Message 10 of 29 (89,346 Views)