BF4 PunkBuster problem

by AGGR-v2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 PunkBuster problem

★★★★ Novice

Please help me.

Every time I launch BF4 after 3 minutes I get kicked with this message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'RED-POISON-DEATH' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF3 runs fine and both PnkBstrA & PnkBstrB running in Services.msc. But when I launch BF4 PnkBstrB disappears and PnkBstrA process stopping, no matter how much I restart PnkBstrA It wont run.

I tried to:
*Reinstall PB with latest pbsetup.exe & pbsvc.exe restart PC.
*Reinstall The game.
*Uninstalled PunkBuster from Origin Games\Battlefield 4\pb then restarted and reinstalled
*Turned off all antivirs security programs which could block PB even Windows Defender.

*Exceptions in Firewall and allow any port

*Turned off firewall.
*Turn on PnkBstrA.exe manually while in game.

All this and still Punkbuster service keeps disappearing Only in BF4.
I'm not a big expert but I think the other option is DICE broke something again, because BF3 runs without problems :\

Message 1 of 9 (513 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 PunkBuster problem

Hero

Greetings @AGGR-v2 

I wrote the Punkbuster guide located at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/READ-FIRSTS-Common-issues-Fixes-amp-Guides/m-p/4362361#M17591... and I think you should look at advanced solution 1+2+5 and perhaps 7.

Your problem is kinda special as it works in bf3 but not bf4 but I hope the above will fix it.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (515 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Greetings @AGGR-v2 

I wrote the Punkbuster guide located at http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/READ-FIRSTS-Common-issues-Fixes-amp-Guides/m-p/4362361#M17591... and I think you should look at advanced solution 1+2+5 and perhaps 7.

Your problem is kinda special as it works in bf3 but not bf4 but I hope the above will fix it.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 9 (516 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried everything but didn't help... I guess i'll stay on BF3 now.. :\

Message 3 of 9 (459 Views)

Hero

The "Help Us Help You" section contains information about location of log files and the installer's built in diagnostic tool. If you could provide that information for us in here we might be able to see something.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 9 (455 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here are my log files right after I tried to connect again and kicked.

https://www.mediafire.com/?7fiuda6d3id983d

Message 5 of 9 (448 Views)

Hero

That is quite puzzling. How did you do the clean boot?

carbonic signature

Message 6 of 9 (434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Clean wut?

@Carbonic wrote:

That is quite puzzling. How did you do the clean boot?

Message 7 of 9 (422 Views)

Hero

I suggested you try 4 things from my guide, one of those things was a clean boot. You then say you've tried everything. Now you ask what a clean boot is.

So, I'll just go ahead an presume you havn't done any of the things I suggested you do :/

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 9 (413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

NO, rly I have done those things but now after formatting and clean install of windows fixed the problem.
My PC was full of Malwares and Viruses which could cause PB instabitity or some s*it... Thanks for the help bro)

Message 9 of 9 (401 Views)