BF4 Premium transfer from PS3 to PC

by pa713n7z3r0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Premium transfer from PS3 to PC

★★★ Newbie

So I know that you can switch from one gen console to the next console from that same brand, but currently my ps3's blu-ray player is starting to die on me, and I can't afford either a new ps3 or a ps4, so I was hoping that maybe I could switch my premium over to a pc based account as I fairly recently bought a decent laptop. I would also prefer not to have to pay the additional premium fee, as since I won't be playing on the ps3 version anymore, why keep it?

Message 1 of 4 (2,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Premium transfer from PS3 to PC

Hero

When Dice/EA signed the contract to release games on the Playstation platform they also probably agreed to not transfer games off their platform to other platforms. So, even if they can transfer it they would be sued by Playstation for a huge amount of money.

Microsoft and Sony wants their platforms to be closed to persuade their customers not to switch over to the competition.

In short: no, neither the game or Premium can be transfered.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,105 Views)

All Replies

Hero

When Dice/EA signed the contract to release games on the Playstation platform they also probably agreed to not transfer games off their platform to other platforms. So, even if they can transfer it they would be sued by Playstation for a huge amount of money.

Microsoft and Sony wants their platforms to be closed to persuade their customers not to switch over to the competition.

In short: no, neither the game or Premium can be transfered.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 4 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well then it looks like im done with BF4 as I will not spend even more money to play this game. **bleep** it.

Message 3 of 4 (2,014 Views)

@pa713n7z3r0 wrote:

well then it looks like im done with BF4 as I will not spend even more money to play this game. **bleep** it.

OP it is simple, if you purchased premium on PS3 Sony took your Money and not EA or Microsoft, so one cannot expect the EA or Micorsoft who did not receive compensation for the purchased item to give it away for free.  This is why the upgrade offers from last gen to next gen are only effective when one upgrades Sony to Sony or Microsoft to Microsoft instead of Sony to Micosoft etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 4 (1,997 Views)