BF4 Premium cross-platform?

by Wotaod

Original Post

Re: BF4 Premium cross-platform?

★★★ Newbie
You're not missing out on much by not buying any more of the battlefield games. hardline is garbage. I played the beta back when that was still going on. EA thinks that just because they had a damn good game with BF:bc2 & bf3 and with bf4 being alright at best they can start milking it the way the publishers do with COD, and not lose any fan support in the process. Sooner or later these games will die out and I can see that happening within the next 3-5 years. There is a reason why EA has been voted the worst company in America multiple times. Anyway, back on topic I just recently got a ps4 (pc gamer here) because bf4 kept crashing, (DIRECTX_DEVICE_HUNG_ERROR) before realizing that I couldn't swap my premium and everything over. and it's not even work it to buy it again. Most of your "average gamers" cannot afford to pay at least $90 for game and premium per console they own. I have to work my **bleep** off for at least 7 hours to be able to afford that. So when I have to pay that two or three times over for the same thing, I can guarantee that you will never get any business from me or any "average gamer" for very long. Instead of being the money grubbing people you are, why don't you think about the consumer at least a little bit and just make premium a cross platform feature. I would be more then willing to bet that would pay out for a bigger fan base in the long run.
Message 21 of 30 (2,891 Views)

★ Novice
Same problem to me but hey, EA games - it's in the money...
Message 22 of 30 (2,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It is called a premium (membership)! If I am a member at a balleys workout club I don't have to pay for another membership just because I go to another balleys outside of my home state! Because they are a franchise! And nomatter which club./platmorm/console/pc, it is still the same company receiving the funds. If you're not smart enough to see a problem with that then maybe you should keep your comments to a bare minimum
Message 23 of 30 (2,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hm.... Maybe because we * paid for it? * dumb *.

Message 24 of 30 (2,645 Views)

@larryhickle wrote:

Hm.... Maybe because we * paid for it? * dumb *.

DLC is platform specific because if Microsoft took your Money why would Sony or Origin provide a free product since they do not share profits with one another and are completely separate companies?  I am a multiplatform premium member in BF3 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360) and in BF4 (PC, Xbone, PS4, 360, and PS3) and this has always been the case.  Yes it iss expensive for those of us on all platforms but completely logical from a business and economics perspective.

The reason that Microsoft and Sony allowed Premium to move forward on their own platforms such as PS3-PS4 and Xbox 360-Xbox One (but not separate DLC) is because they already had your money so it was an incentive from them to encourage you to give them more of your money to purchase their new next gen console.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 25 of 30 (2,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

because nobody wants to pay twice for Overpriced DLC.

Message 26 of 30 (2,314 Views)

★ Novice

It's Probally beause premium works on PS3 to PS4, and Xbox 360 to Xbox One. So people get confused and think well it's a member ship maybe it'll work both ways, but really why would this person downgrae to PS4 instead of PCMR?

Message 27 of 30 (2,240 Views)

★ Novice

@Vykk_Dreygo wrote:

because nobody wants to pay twice for Overpriced DLC.

50$ Isnt that bad for 5 map packs, not to mention the camos, knives, and battlepacks. It also goes on sale for about 20$ quite often

Message 28 of 30 (2,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi, ummm I have battlefield 4 premium for ps3 but I've just recently brought an Xbox one. I logged into my battlelog account and it says I have premium for xbox one plus I've done the phantom bow assignment but I can't download Premium without having to buy it? I'm confused, because battlefield 4 premium for Xbox one is $80. I'm not bothered by the price its just I don't why it says I have premium for Xbox one when I only have it for ps3. Please help
Message 29 of 30 (2,212 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Looks like there's a bug. You'll have to purchase Premium for Xbox One in order to access it.

Locking the thread.
Message 30 of 30 (2,207 Views)