Re: BF4 Premium cross-platform?

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Premium cross-platform?

★★★★★ Novice

I've purchased BF4 on both PC and PS4, and have BF4 Premium on my Origin account. When looking at my PS4 soldier in Battlelog, the Premium tag is displayed just as it is for my PC soldier. However, I do not have access to my Premium content on the PS4. Is Premium linked to a platform rather than an account?

Message 1 of 30 (49,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Anonymous

Hi,

cross platform transfers are not possible. While it looks you will be using the same account, pc players have premium attached

to their Origin account, console players have it attached to their console account. Those are all different databases.

With the digital downloads of games and with only the need of having a game key linked to your account,

I wonder why people buy games for different platform, without a single issue or complaint about it not being cross platform, but when it comes to premium it suddenly has to be cross platform.

View in thread

Message 10 of 30 (47,435 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hey maybe you can answer my question. Do you pc and ps4 accounts link stats and unlocks?

Message 2 of 30 (49,009 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I noticed on PS4 that I had to go into the store and search battlefield 4 and look at the add-ons.  Premium was available to purchase for free (since I already purchased it under PS3).  I clicked it to purchase and it took 0.00 from wallett and then offered a download.  After I downloaded and it installed "premium" now when I go into the game, it says PREMIUM at top.  Standard smile

Message 3 of 30 (49,007 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

the platforms are seperated and as with games, the premium

is also seperated.

Message 4 of 30 (49,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

the platforms are seperated and as with games, the premium

is also seperated.

So this means i have to start over on every console i buy it for? So my ps4 wont carry to xbox and when i upgrade that to xbox one I will then also restart? 

Message 5 of 30 (49,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Hi,

between platforms nothing changes but there are upgrade to next gen

possibilities.

I am not a console player so I don't know the specifics.

Maybe the next link might be of help:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/next-gen-upgrade

Message 6 of 30 (48,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I hope that isn't the case. As it links to your account, it seems as though it should be universal. I'll try to download Premium to my PS4 when the PSN stops being broken, and see if it will link automatically... Points for you for rogering up, though.

Message 7 of 30 (48,989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Crazy, I'm in the same boat, not only do we lose all progress (stats, unlocks) from the first platform when purchasing access to the second platform, but we're expected to pay for a membership tiwce.  Add injury to insult, it's clear the focus is on the cash, not hte customer experience or satisfaction.

Message 8 of 30 (46,954 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same issue.

Bought BF4 and Premium on PC first then recently bought the PS4 version.
It looks like while the accounts are linked you still have to purchase Premium for PS4 (unless you have a PS3 version you are upgrading from.....but I think...like me....you don't have the PS3 version)

I think it is very tight of EA to make us pay for Premium yet again. I don't think I will be.

If you hear differently please let me know.
Message 9 of 30 (45,484 Views)

Anonymous

Hi,

cross platform transfers are not possible. While it looks you will be using the same account, pc players have premium attached

to their Origin account, console players have it attached to their console account. Those are all different databases.

With the digital downloads of games and with only the need of having a game key linked to your account,

I wonder why people buy games for different platform, without a single issue or complaint about it not being cross platform, but when it comes to premium it suddenly has to be cross platform.

Message 10 of 30 (47,436 Views)