Re: BF4 PS4 control settings

by snotdemon

Original Post

BF4 PS4 control settings

★★★★ Novice
can you please put back the setting of soldier sticks the same in bf3..i purchase the new ps4 yesterday together with the bf4 then im having trouble playing it because you guys change the aim and fire button to L2 R2 instead of L1 R1 whats up with that? i realy have small hands and im having realy big trouble playing the game now i kinda regret buying it please fix this im an avid bf3 fans and now i am realy sad we are happy with the old control settings please hear my criess :'( * got a tiny cute hands over here
Message 1 of 48 (43,407 Views)

★★ Novice

i think you can change them for controler settings and then try to change the soldier buttons!

Message 2 of 48 (43,179 Views)

★★★★ Novice
dont know hows that gonna work i try hard to figure out out to put L1R1 for fire and aim but its not working can u tell me how if ever u fixed it
Message 3 of 48 (43,141 Views)

★★★★ Novice
and the thing is there is no way i can change the soldier button because they already set it for default veterean veteran lefty thats their configuration i was hoping they can have. another option where u can use the old button from bf3 to bf4
Message 4 of 48 (43,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah I 2nd this... I really like the BF3 on PS3 way of set up on the controller R1 fire, L1 Aim.... I really hate having to use to R2 & L2.
Message 5 of 48 (42,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with snotdemon. I my reflex action now is to point at the enemy with my finger and spot them as I am getting ripped apart by thier bullets. 

Is it possible to have the veteran setting to actually reflect the BF3 setup? Battlefield players are loyal to the franchise, but if you keep messing with the nuts and bolts of the game the frustration will push the BF fans away and we will be left with COD kids.

Hope its a cold winter, I may need to take up ice fishing again to pass the time.

Message 6 of 48 (42,900 Views)

★★★ Novice
When will a representative answer this question. I am waiting to either keep the game or return. This change in button layout has ruined this game.
Message 7 of 48 (42,886 Views)

★ Novice

I'm in the same boat as Snotdemon which is a shame because I've been playing the Battlefield series for a long time but now this is just ruining the fun for me, I'm surprised there was no option to flip it. If it stays like this I struggle to see myself playing much longer.

Message 8 of 48 (41,831 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree, BF4 on the PS3 was L1+R1 for sight and trigger- So it's just for the PS4 edition of the game. Other PS4 games have the option to flip the presets, so why dosn't BF4? 

I'm not a paticulary melodramatic person, nor do I post very much on the internet, however this is a highly frustrating change, and I think all BF4 gamers (loyal fans and new users alike) would like to see some acknowledgement from EA or DICE about this issue, or at the very least, some clear justificatrion as to why this change has been programed into the game. 

Message 9 of 48 (41,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yes, i wanna L1 for zoom, and R1 for shooting

L2 for zoom and R2 fo shooting is terrible for me as veteran of Playstation

Message 10 of 48 (41,792 Views)