BF4 PC - disc read error when trying to install

by xerauz

Original Post

BF4 PC - disc read error when trying to install

★★★ Newbie

I received the game today. When I tried to install it I get a 'disc read error' during disc 2. So I can never install past around 60% overall. My optical drive is fine and the discs appear clean. I even tried copying the files somewhere first but also got an error during disc 2. This leads me to believe the second disc is at fault. I understand I can download the game but I did pay more for discs and so I could bypass the download. Does anyone know what could be causing the issue?

Message 1 of 3 (1,045 Views)

Bf4 disc read error

★★★ Newbie
I recently purchased a copy of bf4. I have a wired network to a verizon router and an xbox 360s with a hard drive in it. Whenever I put the disc in, I am prompted to download a title update, I install it and keep going. I am then prompted to download a 2 gb hd download. After this installs, th screen fades black, and then says," error reading disc". This is my second copy of the game, same issue. I have tried almost everything, please help!
Message 2 of 3 (962 Views)

Re: BF4 PC - disc read error when trying to install

★★★ Newbie

I do not know if you still have this problem since it has been a month, but i had the same problem that time you had one and got around it, what i did was i said try again and i had to do it about 25 times but it did get past it. and it went on form 89% where it gave problem to 92% and so and and did it again, if you are patient you will get it installed but it takes long, My SSD crashed but my games on my HDD was still there so i had to install bf4 again and now i have to do it again but it worked and is almost finsihed 

Message 3 of 3 (699 Views)