Re: BF4 PC crashes with looping sound and screen freeze (Beta ran smooth)

by porkysatan

Original Post

★★ Novice

hello guys i want to get bf4 for the new 27 inch top of the rang imac but after hearing all about this i dont know should i get it please help me!

Message 21 of 35 (4,130 Views)

★★ Novice

For me, It happen randomly, on any map, any server, mostly in the MP but also happen to me in the campain once (SoundLoop and screen freeze). Like most people, I can play 3-4-5 game in a row without any problems, and for no reason it happen. 

Graphic option on High or low, sound quality 0 or 5, it still crash.

THEY REALLY NEED TO SOLVE THIS FIRST and SOON

I

Message 22 of 35 (3,951 Views)

★ Novice

The problem is Cpu.
You play with Cpu in 70 or 80%, and go to 100%, in 100% the game crash.
Amd or Intel is the same.

Message 23 of 35 (3,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same here, also after the patch yesterday

Most time in Siege of Shanghai.  I can play about 5 minutes the the game will crash. Most of the other maps will work without any problems

in the Windows eventlog is a ApplicationCrash with Bf4.exe and the bf4.exe hang with about 80% of CPU (no response)

System:
Win 8.1 x64

i5 3570k & Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

Message 24 of 35 (3,902 Views)

★★★★ Novice

FIRE UP THE GAME . GO TO OPTIONS , THEN GAME THEN MOVE THE NETWORK SMOOTHING SLIDER ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT. 0%

THEN PLAY AND HAVE FUN.

Message 25 of 35 (3,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Did that, and now with the patches added, the sound loop crashing is WORSE than before the patches!

Message 26 of 35 (3,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not being funny BUT why did they release bf4 with so many bugs it seems to me that they don't give two poops now that have had the money !!!!

Message 27 of 35 (3,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you have not dun it yet goto origin games folder than find bf4 than right click on the bf4.exe file. go to compatibility than check the box that says run as administrator. also download the new punkbuster 1.7 that just came out. put it in your pb folder in bf4. than right click on pbsetup.exe and select run as administrator.   You can do all this and turn the network smoothing slider all the way down. i have not had any issues in 3 days. also if you change any graphic optiions while you are in the game . you have to restart the game or it will lock up. so find a graphic friendly place and leave it alone. this was an issue with bf3 also.  go to settings in the game and than audio, than hit the reset button on the bottom of your screen. put it back to default and leave it alone. this was also a problem on the ps3 and xbox360.

Message 28 of 35 (3,655 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And most important!!!!!!!!!!! If you are running a 64bit os make sure you have virtualization turned on in your bios. unless you are running a pure 64bit environment it needs to be on to run 32bit and 64bit at the same time. this will fix anyones claim of micro stutter also.

Message 29 of 35 (3,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've solved my crash problems, the crash issues have to do with the browser plugin. I'm using Firefox, not sure if applies to other browsers.

Once game starts to load, I close my browser. Fixed all my crash issues. If the game goes full screen, you can Alt-Tab and close your browser, then Alt-Tab back in. If the game becomes windowed, you can Alt-Enter to go full screen.

Please post back this fixes hang problems for you.

Update: Nevermind, it worked like a day, now crashes are back.

Message 30 of 35 (2,138 Views)