Re: BF4 PC Memory leaking? 94% Memory usage with 12GB

by Diabloskeeper

Original Post

BF4 PC Memory leaking? 94% Memory usage with 12GB

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have a strange issue. out of 12GB of ram, 94% is pegged but it shows no process taking it up, it happens about 20 minutes into game and it gets really choppy. BF4 seems to be eating it up but I'm not sure for what.. When going into task manager, it won't show a single program taking the memory.. it's leaking and ruining my game!

Windows 8.1 

Radeon 6970

Latest Beta drivers (tried/trying them all)

12gb RAM

Anyone else having this kind of issue?

Message 1 of 807 (73,817 Views)

Hero

It would appear some kind of memory leak is taking place, this could sometimes happen with non-updated / pirated windows installations so make sure that's not the problem.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 807 (72,760 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Really? Pirated windows? Rofl, i have never heard of that excuse before.

Message 3 of 807 (72,753 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Heh. Yeah, this is not a pirated version of windows. It's 8.1 legit and updated to-date. 

Message 4 of 807 (72,722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. 

Memory leak in windows 8.1. 

I have an i5 760, 8gb ram, 6950 2gb graphic card. 

Memory goes up to 97% and slows the whole computer while playing bf4

Please provide an educated solution. 

Message 5 of 807 (72,652 Views)

★ Apprentice

even my 6 gigs gets full and haults the game

Message 6 of 807 (72,625 Views)

Hero

Some of the early 8.1 drivers also could cause memery leaks when used with Battlefield games. Make sure you are using the newest one.

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 807 (72,570 Views)

★★★ Novice

Then click the me too button.. Shows more people need help with the same issue, easily for the mods etc.. That's what its there for haha.

But yeah, in repsonse to this thread, I get this too.. It's utterly frustrating and borderline criminal. It brings my whole system to a halt, then doesn't even release the memory when end the BF4 process.. it still says 98% is in use. From 12gb. 

Memory leak it is, spawned from BF4 it might not be, I've heard apparently some ATI drivers have done similar things - either way it only happens in BF4 so it must be that, triggering the leak.

I've also noticed most of the people I've seen reporting this issue are running these specs:

ATI 6950

Athlon x2 955

~12gb ram

This is also my setup. This combination is very popular because it was good bang for buck, but this needs fixing. It's preventing me playing more than 30 minutes and makes me reboot my computer each time it happens. Completely annoying.

Message 8 of 807 (72,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

ffs click "me too" on the original post haha.. then everyone can easily see how many people have the problem. They couldn't have made it more obvious haha

Message 9 of 807 (72,537 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've posted in another thread but it seems to be mostly windows 8.1 people. I haven't tested the 32bit client yet but the 64 client will chew all of my 16GB of ram in about an hour and a half to 2 hours and then the computer must be restarted to release the memory. There are no background tasks that can be force killed to release it in task manager or resource manager. Very Frustrating. I don't believe it's video driver related as I've tested the old drivers and the latest beta from 2 days ago and they both have the issues. 

Message 10 of 807 (72,532 Views)