BF4 Lag spikes on PC

by FlashnThunder

Original Post

BF4 Lag spikes on PC

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am experiencing big lag spikes in BF4 since launce. When i log in everthing seems fine and i have pings between 10 and 20ms, but once in a few (2-10) minutes i get a lag spike that takes my ping to 300-1000ms and the game is unplayable because i get thrown back and forth in position.

I am playing on 1920x1080 with ultra settings on a i2500K with HD7970. Game settings seem not to be an issue because my fps stays very high, even in heavy situations with lots of explosions.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I hope this is due to the server instability and not only "my" problem but I'd like to see this confirmed. And if so, of course, get it fixed because it is truly ruining gameplay.

Message 1 of 5 (2,709 Views)

Re: BF4 Lag spikes on PC

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem only recently.  During beta and at launch I had no issues...I wonder if its related to a recent patch.  Can't use vehicles anymore and its always the worst for a few mins after i join...when most servers kick me for ping....this is crazy i feel like im on a 56k modem the way the game is running

Message 2 of 5 (2,459 Views)

★ Novice
Yep I am having the EXACT same problem. The latency spikes led me to believe it was my modem, but it just started a few days ago. I was running smooth at 60fps in beta and launch. 2500k watercool@ 4.2ghz and gtx 570. Every server. Game is now unplayable.
Message 3 of 5 (2,401 Views)

★★ Novice

It is rather strange because at this time I do not experience it as much as I did a week ago. But it is good to see your replies, showing that i am not the only one with this and that is it's likely not a connection issue.

Fingers crossed they'll fix it soon!

Message 4 of 5 (2,379 Views)

★ Apprentice

@FlashnThunder wrote:

Hello, 

I am experiencing big lag spikes in BF4 since launce. When i log in everthing seems fine and i have pings between 10 and 20ms, but once in a few (2-10) minutes i get a lag spike that takes my ping to 300-1000ms and the game is unplayable because i get thrown back and forth in position.

I am playing on 1920x1080 with ultra settings on a i2500K with HD7970. Game settings seem not to be an issue because my fps stays very high, even in heavy situations with lots of explosions.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I hope this is due to the server instability and not only "my" problem but I'd like to see this confirmed. And if so, of course, get it fixed because it is truly ruining gameplay.

Reasons for getting high ping value.
1.High ping is when there is high traffic in your system.
2.This can be either caused by loading such large files that the system cannot handle them, or by running several programs at the same time.
3.High ping is not just due to the bad internet connection. video lag, sound lag, virus, spyware, worms, or so on, could cause the high ping. not enough Ram could cause the problem too.
If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Message 5 of 5 (1,202 Views)