Re: BF4 Keeps freezing both online and offline. Auto save does NOT work on campaign (xbox 360) LONG READ BUT INCLUDES EVERYTHING!!

by -dialed-

Original Post

BF4 Keeps freezing both online and offline. Auto save does NOT work on campaign (xbox 360) LONG READ BUT INCLUDES EVERYTHING!!

★ Novice

When i try to play online after a few games it will freeze my console up and i have to reset to be able to get into a game, no big deal, just sucks when in a party. Now for what really pisses me off and im wondering if any of you have this issue. My campaign will NOT autosave. ive completed the first 2.5 missions (two times now) game freezes at random points. shut down console, reboot, just to find out i do not have a resume campaign option. im greeted with Easy, Normal, or Hard. IVE ALREADY PLAYED THE SAME 2.5 MISSIONS TWICE!! dont want to do it a third time. Customer support seems to be clueless as they have told me to "clear system cache" which im fine with. also told to "remove gamertag and re download to deactivate cloud saves (never activated cloud on my end) and last but not least i was told to "reset my clock on my console" seriously, wtf is the point of that? I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS HAVING THIS ISSUE, AND IF SO HOW DID YOU FIX IT, OR ARE YOU STILL DEALING WITH IT?

Message 1 of 35 (12,604 Views)

Re: BF4 Keeps freezing both online and offline. Auto save does NOT work on campaign (xbox 360) LONG READ BUT INCLUDES EVERYTHING!!

★★ Novice

I've had this happen several times now.  It did this every once in a while with BF3 as well.  

Message 2 of 35 (12,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yep same here, going to try a reinstall, see if that helps
Message 3 of 35 (12,194 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It does this on ps3 and reinstalling it don't work and ea won't answer me to tell me why it freezes! I can't even play a game cuz it freezes every time I spawn
Message 4 of 35 (12,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm on xb360 and it happens every 1hr ..or atleast every few games..my Xbox freezes up and I have to hard reset..lost all that matches stats...really tired of this
Message 5 of 35 (11,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having same issue on PS3. Played campaign twice for aout 3 hours and same thing. Had to start all over from scratch because nothing was saved.  Then on third try, game completely crashed and froze  Game appears to work correctly on multiplayer.  Exremely disappointing and frustrating.  Note that I bought hard copy.   Any ideas????  Looks like at this point, i'll wait to play campaign on PS4 when it comes out and have the new console. 

Complete BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 35 (11,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems as if I am not the only one... Hard freeze/crash about every hour or few rounds while in MP. 

Aside from that, I've also been noticing things like red dot stains on walls from RD sights, lag, failed reload animation, audio drops when mounting vehicles.

Message 7 of 35 (11,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why the hell wouldn't there be an auto save, I completed 2 missions last night, and went to sleep, after work going to pick up where I left off......low and behold I've started over, I'm almost at the last of the 2nd mission again and thought I'd see if any one else was having this issue. WTH, not everyone plays MP all the time, I like the stories behind the games as well. I'm the only person in my friends list that knows in Black Ops 2 the USS OBAMA was the name of the ship. Anyway, what a let down, guess I'll be playing Ghosts come Monday

Message 8 of 35 (11,306 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, I'm on the 360 and I've had it crash mostly on the MP load screen, in between matches and right before my first game. So I don't think how long you've been playing matters. Its crashed right after turning it on and I had it crash, restart, then crash again before I could even get into a game. I think I've unlocked the same items 3 or 4 times now. It almost seems like the more I play the more often the crash happens.

2 - after booting the game

4 - in between online matches

2 - in game while in a helicopter

1 - in game while standing still

Message 9 of 35 (11,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

....and further more, the only reason I did start playing the campaign again is because I couldn't get MP to load, kept telling me to check my connection, which is perfectly fine. I'll be trading this one back in come Monday....

Message 10 of 35 (11,279 Views)