BF4 Invalid License. Reason Code= missing DLL MSVCP110.dll Error 0x7E

by Skiretar

Original Post

BF4 Invalid License. Reason Code= missing DLL MSVCP110.dll Error 0x7E

★★★ Newbie

This could be because I updated to windows 10. A similar error occurred when I attempted to play bf3, but it allowed me to login, validating the license. 

Message 1 of 20 (27,136 Views)

Re: BF4 Invalid License. Reason Code= missing DLL MSVCP110.dll Error 0x7E

★★★ Guide

That error indicates something is wrong with your system. Specifically your Microsoft Visual C++ installation. Try running the installer from the BF4 installation folder as administrator and then restart your computer. The default location of this installer is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
If you installed Origin in another driver or within an other location, find that location then search for:

Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist

In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe. Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

If this was helpful and solved your issue, press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, let us know right away!

If you need further assistance, don't hesistate to ask here or via PM.

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Message 2 of 20 (27,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@soldato_fantasma wrote:

That error indicates something is wrong with your system. Specifically your Microsoft Visual C++ installation. Try running the installer from the BF4 installation folder as administrator and then restart your computer. The default location of this installer is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
If you installed Origin in another driver or within an other location, find that location then search for:

Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist

In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe. Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

If this was helpful and solved your issue, press 'Accept as Solution' button to mark this topic solved. Then click the 'XP' button to award me XP.

Thank you for using Answer HQ. If you need further assistance, let us know right away!

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Thanks alot man, this fixed my issue! :eahigh_file: you should somehow make this solution visible for everyone having issues with this

Message 3 of 20 (27,076 Views)

★★★ Guide

No problem man Standard smile There are already mony topics about this problem, if you want give me XP pressing the button here Standard smile

Cheers, soldato_fantasma

Message 4 of 20 (27,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just updated to Windows 10 and receive the same error for BF4. It was working perfectly the day before, prior to the update.

I have tried the solutions listed in this thread several times, but still the error persists. The only thing I can even think of is that it is installed on my D: drive and not my C: drive, but that still doesn't make sense to me.

Can you assist me?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 20 (26,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same problem now that i've done a fresh install with Windows 10.  Any ideas?

Message 6 of 20 (26,824 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello @Tussox

Try to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632 (x64)

Message 7 of 20 (26,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie
He's right, the Microsoft download solution worked. You may have to run the files as Admin. I tried everything including a reinstall and nothing, but this solution worked.
Message 8 of 20 (26,810 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you delete your old microsoft files out of the redist folder for the version from the microsfot website to work because when i treid running them it said that version was blocking the version i have installed.

Message 9 of 20 (26,792 Views)

★★ Novice

Im having the same issue I've tried everything above (apart from the Microsoft download) and nothing has worked, I repair my Microsotf things and it doesn't work, please can someone help.

Message 10 of 20 (26,791 Views)