12-11-2013 09:40 PM
I am lost on this whole matter because mine was working every since I got the game until yesterday and nothing really has changed. I reimaged my pc the other day, but it was still working fine until today.
12-12-2013 02:13 PM
DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed withDXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's devicefailed due tobadly formed commands sent by the application.
This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed "). GPU: "AMDRadeon R9 200 Series", Driver 13.11 (13.25.18-131129a-165578E-ATI)
Just to give feedback on my troubleshooting.
My system is a I5-4670, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 840 240GB, Soundblaster Platinum, Asus R9 280, PSU is a BeQuiet! 750W.
This should be good enough for the Game!
I Tried so far:
-checked RAM for faults - no failure found
- reinstalled DirectX via Microsoft and via BF4 folder - BF still crashing
- tried all GPU Drivers available - BF still crashing
- installed all new drivers for all HW - BF4 still crashing
- Reinstalled WIN7 64BIt (formanted the SSD) - First day BF4 runs without crashes ...second day BF4 crashes constantly
- Checked all possible Information sources...even used the useless EA HotlineChat (they have absolutely no idea what they r doing) they requested to run BF4 via Chrome instead of Firefox - BF4 still crashing
- I will not underclock my GPU this is something absolutely ridiculous to do to get BF4 running!
- the only thing that is still the same is BF4...-> root cause is BF4!!!!!!
-EA get this fixed ...
12-12-2013 10:04 PM
I tried everything that was said. I had reimage my pc before i started getting the error and went got my old files and still didn't fix it. I then took my video card out took a can of air to it and reseat it back in and mine started back working.
12-13-2013 04:01 AM
DiretXFunction "GetDeviceRemoveReason" Failed with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent bty the application. This is an Design-Time issue that should be investigated and fixed") GPU:"NVIDIA GTX 760", Driver:33182
I have seen this error 3 times in 15 minutes of attempted gameplay now. The good news is I can at least launch the game for a few minutes now before my system crashes and I get an error. Before I was just getting the black screen at launch. mileyfrustrated:
Asus Z87-A, Intel i5-4670k, MSI GTX 760, 16GB 1600 DDR, Windows 8.1 64 bit
Latest driver s and BIOS updates are applied as of last week.
12-13-2013 07:27 PM
I fixed it! I found these instructions for the sound loop error, but it worked for the direct x error. I had this error every single time I played, but now was able to play all night. I'm not sure exactly what this does, but at least I have it working for now. Give it a try, and if it still doesn't work you can always just delete the user.cfg file.
Create a user.cfg and place in BF4 directory and copy paste the text below.
HP DV6 Quad Laptop
Core I7 2.3ghz
AMD Radeon 7690m XT video card
IDT onboard audio
12-14-2013 12:37 PM
Thx gauntlet0, I tried your solution for the directx-error and it works. Created user.cfg and placed it in the bf4-folder.