Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by kckazdude

Original Post

Re: BF4 DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★ Novice

I did them all and none of them worked.

Message 61 of 125 (3,934 Views)

★ Novice

I am lost on this whole matter because mine was working every since I got the game until yesterday and nothing really has changed. I reimaged my pc the other day, but it was still working fine until today.

Message 62 of 125 (3,929 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still crashing. Often too. Latest was once again when brushing border of the map.

Message 63 of 125 (3,924 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed withDXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's devicefailed due tobadly formed commands sent by the application.
This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed "). GPU: "AMDRadeon R9 200 Series", Driver 13.11 (13.25.18-131129a-165578E-ATI)

Just to give feedback on my troubleshooting.

My system is a I5-4670, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 840 240GB, Soundblaster Platinum, Asus R9 280, PSU is a BeQuiet! 750W.

This should be good enough for the Game!

I Tried so far:

-checked RAM for faults - no failure found

- reinstalled DirectX via Microsoft and via BF4 folder - BF still crashing

- tried all GPU Drivers available - BF still crashing

- installed all new drivers for all HW - BF4 still crashing

- Reinstalled WIN7 64BIt (formanted the SSD) - First day BF4 runs without crashes ...second day BF4 crashes constantly

- Checked all possible Information sources...even used the useless EA HotlineChat (they have absolutely no idea what they r doing) they requested to run BF4 via Chrome instead of Firefox - BF4 still crashing

- I will not underclock my GPU this is something absolutely ridiculous to do to get BF4 running!

- the only thing that is still the same is BF4...-> root cause is BF4!!!!!!

-EA get this fixed ...

Message 64 of 125 (3,898 Views)

★★ Novice
all these PC patches and threads all
Over the place for this stupid error but yet dice don't do a damn thing. Frustrated
Message 65 of 125 (3,891 Views)

★ Novice

I tried everything that was said. I had reimage my pc before i started getting the error and went got my old files and still didn't fix it. I then took my video card out took a can of air to it and reseat it back in and mine started back working.

Message 66 of 125 (3,886 Views)

★ Apprentice

Error deserves a lot more notice, especially considering it's been going on since BF3!

Message 67 of 125 (3,872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DiretXFunction "GetDeviceRemoveReason" Failed with a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent bty the application. This is an Design-Time issue that should be investigated and fixed") GPU:"NVIDIA GTX 760", Driver:33182

I have seen this error 3 times in 15 minutes of attempted gameplay now. The good news is I can at least launch the game for a few minutes now before my system crashes and I get an error. Before I was just getting the black screen at launch. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Sys spec

Asus Z87-A, Intel i5-4670k, MSI GTX 760, 16GB 1600 DDR, Windows 8.1 64 bit

Latest driver s and BIOS updates are applied as of last week.

Message 68 of 125 (3,870 Views)

★ Apprentice

I fixed it!  I found these instructions for the sound loop error, but it worked for the direct x error.  I had this error every single time I played, but now was able to play all night.  I'm not sure exactly what this does, but at least I have it working for now.  Give it a try, and if it still doesn't work you can always just delete the user.cfg file.   

Create a user.cfg and place in BF4 directory and copy paste the text below. 

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0

My specs:

HP DV6 Quad Laptop

Core I7 2.3ghz

16gb ram

Windows 8.1

AMD Radeon 7690m XT video card

IDT onboard audio

Message 69 of 125 (3,830 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thx gauntlet0, I tried your solution for the directx-error and it works. Created user.cfg and placed it in the bf4-folder.

Message 70 of 125 (3,752 Views)