BF4 Cross - Platform multiplayer?

by Sliyer6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 Cross - Platform multiplayer?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is Battlefield 4 cross-platformed for multiplayer? PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XO all together on multiplayer?

Message 1 of 18 (182,765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 Cross - Platform multiplayer?

★★★★ Apprentice

no. each platform has their own community 

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (197,135 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

no. each platform has their own community 

Message 2 of 18 (197,136 Views)

★ Novice
I think there is a ton of people that wish EA would do it. PLay station is doing it with FFXIVRR and xbox did it with shadow run
Message 3 of 18 (182,335 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Farside457 wrote:
I think there is a ton of people that wish EA would do it. PLay station is doing it with FFXIVRR and xbox did it with shadow run

It has been done before with Shadowrun, a game which was a major flop mainly because of the insane balance issues between console and PC. PC players were ripping console players apart as their framerate was higher and their method of aiming through mouse was far more percise than a controller ever was. I would really like to avoid this with all costs if its a competitive FPS or TPS. MMO's are fine cause they are more relaxed and focused on tactical turn-based moves.

Message 4 of 18 (182,319 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah but see it more like ps3/ps4 or xbox 360/xbox one. It would be great when there is cross platform
Message 5 of 18 (178,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FFXIVARR isn't a turn based MMO, for one... Not even close...  Also, frame rate doesn't seem to even remotely be an issue with the newest systems.  Probably closer to a programming issue making them work together.

Message 6 of 18 (161,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

just found this too funny about what you said about shadow run ya pc players could aim hack that is why had nothing to do with the mouse and if they ever make a  cross platform Battlefeld with the pc  there would be no where to play with ppl who have skill it will be nothing but aim hacking skilless kids

Message 7 of 18 (159,696 Views)

Hero

@Ziren wrote:

just found this too funny about what you said about shadow run ya pc players could aim hack that is why had nothing to do with the mouse and if they ever make a  cross platform Battlefeld with the pc  there would be no where to play with ppl who have skill it will be nothing but aim hacking skilless kids

Actually, Valve and all other companies that have tested FPS's on consoles vs. pc's in a cheat free environments found that PC players beat the console players bad. This is well known, blaming it on aim hack etc. is therefore wrong. It makes the trends worse in a live environment, sure, but it's hardly the root of the issue.

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 18 (159,692 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I still fail to understand or comprehend the fact that your account is linked to Origin and everything and then all of the sudden you can not cross platform when it is supported bz the samething (Origin) also why make the master race left out and last thing what is the point of having zour account linked and having it supported by Origin and EA and then make it not cross platform when u can still access your account of ps3/4 and be able to do anything and then having it not cross platform!? I just dont understand the logic behind everything.

Message 9 of 18 (138,054 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I still fail to understand or comprehend the fact that your account is linked to Origin and everything and then all of the sudden you can not cross platform when it is supported by the samething (Origin) also why make the master race left out and last thing what is the point of having zour account linked and having it supported by Origin and EA and then make it not cross platform when u can still access your account of ps3/4 and be able to do anything and then having it not cross platform!? I just dont understand the logic behind everything.

Message 10 of 18 (138,052 Views)