Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Keeper
turtlebuds
Accepted Solution

BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

First, I'm writing this on my iPad, so forgive any errors...

I'm a BF4 Premium member on PS4 which gives me all Xpacs with early access, but also pre-ordered BF4 so my game came with the CR expansion as well.

China Rising was released this morning, so it's out now.

I downloaded CR but it isn't letting me access it, so I deleted it from my notifications list and it's not in my library (I assume it didn't install), so I went to playstation store to reinstall it but couldn't find out where to access it from, so I just re-entered my code (which gave me a prompt stated its already been used), but it gave me the information for the code stating it a china rising expansion code, but it wouldn't let me re-download it...?

When I start BF4, there is no prompt to download china rising, even though I'm a premium member, and also had the pre-order bonus for it. Even if I try to start Air Superiority game it just prompts that I don't have the required expansion and nothing more.

When I look in the Premium options from the game menu, it mentions china rising and gives some brief info, but no option to download.

I can't find the option to download china rising *anywhere*; not on playstation store, not in the BF4 game menu...nowhere.

I've been searching for the past few hours and I have to say it really has me pretty upset, I can't believe this big of an oversight has been made for such a simple thing.

All other game downloads and addons for other games have worked just fine, and I've been able to find them no problem, so I know it's not me just being stupid. Can anyone help me find a way to download it again, or force it to prompt a download for CR?

Thanks in advance!
Keeper
xvr4x

Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

Have you looked in the premium store in the Battlefield 4 menu? It should list all of the expansions and allow you to download it. It won't show it in the playstation store because it's not technically released to the public yet.

Keeper
darkmaster1979

i have it on xbox shows i have it but cannot play any of the china rising maps or get and of the dlc's pretty upset as can't play it.

turtlebuds wrote:
First, I'm writing this on my iPad, so forgive any errors...

I'm a BF4 Premium member on PS4 which gives me all Xpacs with early access, but also pre-ordered BF4 so my game came with the CR expansion as well.

China Rising was released this morning, so it's out now.

I downloaded CR but it isn't letting me access it, so I deleted it from my notifications list and it's not in my library (I assume it didn't install), so I went to playstation store to reinstall it but couldn't find out where to access it from, so I just re-entered my code (which gave me a prompt stated its already been used), but it gave me the information for the code stating it a china rising expansion code, but it wouldn't let me re-download it...?

When I start BF4, there is no prompt to download china rising, even though I'm a premium member, and also had the pre-order bonus for it. Even if I try to start Air Superiority game it just prompts that I don't have the required expansion and nothing more.

When I look in the Premium options from the game menu, it mentions china rising and gives some brief info, but no option to download.

I can't find the option to download china rising *anywhere*; not on playstation store, not in the BF4 game menu...nowhere.

I've been searching for the past few hours and I have to say it really has me pretty upset, I can't believe this big of an oversight has been made for such a simple thing.

All other game downloads and addons for other games have worked just fine, and I've been able to find them no problem, so I know it's not me just being stupid. Can anyone help me find a way to download it again, or force it to prompt a download for CR?

Thanks in advance!

Keeper
bamaboykeith11

I have them downloaded but the will not play.  they start to load and just sits there not froze up

Keeper
cikyam870702

Hi there,i had a problem regarding China Rising DLCs,i not yet redeem the code as i bought it new,but after continue,screen appeared that said my code already been used..please help me on this matter..my disc region is R3,tq

Keeper
yurmomsmilkman

same thing happend to me,  nice one EA.

Keeper
keenoessex

Hi it say the download will be avliable between 12-6pm GMT it's now 8.35 GMT and I have premium membership but still unable to download this game pack it doesn't show up at all in the ps store or on the in game store.
If I search servers I can see others playing it but can't join.
I have run the update today when I inserted the game disk this obviously installed after download but I assume this is just a game or patch update?
What's happening when can we get on this map pack in the uk? A we in for even more disappointment or is this the last of it?
Keeper
eyewishwalrus

i also have this problem on pc, its showing i have it due to preoredering, but i cant pklay it even though it says its installed

Keeper
therealblu3jok3

Ps3 not working either. I have premium like everyone else an I had the update when I started the game but no dlc to be found :,(.
Keeper
ragastor

im having the same problem, good job ea, game is acting **bleep**ty but i like it so i wont stop playing, then maps drop and cant even play them, are you tryin to make me purposely  waste money or you just cant seem to get your **bleep** together. i paid for premium so i should get what i paid for, i dont buy a movie and then play it only to look at black screen, i mean damn