Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working (FIX FOR XBOX360)

by SlackjawedYokel

Original Post

Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

★★ Novice

I finally managed to get on a CR map - browsing through the list if you click on A it tries to put you on as commander if there are 23 out of 24 slots free I think. Normally you press X to go on as commander.

I think its a great game, I hope they get the bugs fixed as its alot of fun - when it works. And you dont get killed with one shot etc. and none of your bullets hit the other player etc.

I hope people persist with it as its great. And getting it to run on the 360 is a big achievement - if you look at battlefield 2 on the 360 when it came out - to b4 now...

Message 61 of 71 (2,110 Views)

★ Novice

This is what happened to me and friend of mine. We bought a "pre-order" copy but we can't download the China Rising DLC.

I contacted the EA and they said that we have a "Standard edition" but this http://postimg.org/image/rwxw6fjsj/ what we can see in battlelog store !!! As you can see we own the "Digital Deluxe" but we must buy China Rising !

They say that it doesn't matter because the codes is the only proof and our codes are for standard edition....

We bought Battlefield since Battlefield 2142... and I think this was our last version.

I have no words...

There is anyone in our same situation ?

Message 62 of 71 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's not Jan 2nd and the issues concerning the China Rising match are still going on. Like what the hell, how long does it take to fix this? I'm still having the basic issue in which I bought China rising from the marketplace (Xbox 360) and when I go to try to play anything China Rising related it says I need to buy the content. Well ok so I deleted the entire file off the harddrive and redownloaded the China Rising expansion and same crap is happening.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? This is rather annoying and I feel like I just wasted my money here.

Message 63 of 71 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't have premim but wen I got the game it game me china rising dlc I redem the code. Wen the dlc came out I try to play the maps and it wont work I went to bf4 store it say free then wen I try to donlow it say I had to pay Frown EA please fix this
Message 64 of 71 (1,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i just brought premium today and it isnt letting me join it keeps saying that i have to buy it . Which I already did and im not paying $49.99 again!!!

Message 65 of 71 (1,421 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

This is a CONFIRMED fix for Xbox360! If you are having the issue where you try to join a server, and it directs you to the store to buy the expansion, even though you already own it, and have downloaded it, then try this:

-Delete everything related to BF4 from your hard drive, except the game save data if you wish.

-Clear the system cache several times.

-Boot the game from the disk. Do not install it to you hard drive, yet.

-Do the first update that pops up.

-Do the 2nd update that pops up. This should be the HD content install (2gig).

-Do the 3rd update, which should be the most recent multi-player update.

-After this update, it will say that you need to restart for it to take effect. DO NOT RESTART. -> CANCEL.

-Go to the in-game store and re-download the CR expansion. Should be free since you already own it.

-When this is done, DO NOT accept the offer to restart. Instead, exit straight to the Xbox Home Screen.

-Now install the game disc content to your HD.

-Start the game, and your CR expansion should unlock
-Hope this helps!

Message 66 of 71 (2,381 Views)

★ Novice

@chadomackdaddy wrote:

I've downloaded the CR expansion and I am still not able to play it. I try to enter a server and it tells me that I need to install additional expansion pack (China Rising), but I've already downloaded it. I've tried to repair the install and checked for updates on the install and it still won't let me join. I'm on PC

same problem, it used to work, now it doesnt. did have to replace hard drive and reinstall

Message 67 of 71 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please ! i downloaded premium for ps3 and its not working ! WWHYYYY ! am so sad Frown its telling me content not available at this time

Message 68 of 71 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and for PS3 ?

Message 69 of 71 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Would this cause me to lose all of my multiplayer stats, weapons, etc?
Message 70 of 71 (951 Views)