Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

by yurmomsmilkman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 China Rising Expansion not working

★★★ Newbie
First, I'm writing this on my iPad, so forgive any errors...

I'm a BF4 Premium member on PS4 which gives me all Xpacs with early access, but also pre-ordered BF4 so my game came with the CR expansion as well.

China Rising was released this morning, so it's out now.

I downloaded CR but it isn't letting me access it, so I deleted it from my notifications list and it's not in my library (I assume it didn't install), so I went to playstation store to reinstall it but couldn't find out where to access it from, so I just re-entered my code (which gave me a prompt stated its already been used), but it gave me the information for the code stating it a china rising expansion code, but it wouldn't let me re-download it...?

When I start BF4, there is no prompt to download china rising, even though I'm a premium member, and also had the pre-order bonus for it. Even if I try to start Air Superiority game it just prompts that I don't have the required expansion and nothing more.

When I look in the Premium options from the game menu, it mentions china rising and gives some brief info, but no option to download.

I can't find the option to download china rising *anywhere*; not on playstation store, not in the BF4 game menu...nowhere.

I've been searching for the past few hours and I have to say it really has me pretty upset, I can't believe this big of an oversight has been made for such a simple thing.

All other game downloads and addons for other games have worked just fine, and I've been able to find them no problem, so I know it's not me just being stupid. Can anyone help me find a way to download it again, or force it to prompt a download for CR?

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 71 (33,282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 China Rising Expansion not working (FIX FOR XBOX360)

★★ Apprentice

This is a CONFIRMED fix for Xbox360! If you are having the issue where you try to join a server, and it directs you to the store to buy the expansion, even though you already own it, and have downloaded it, then try this:

-Delete everything related to BF4 from your hard drive, except the game save data if you wish.

-Clear the system cache several times.

-Boot the game from the disk. Do not install it to you hard drive, yet.

-Do the first update that pops up.

-Do the 2nd update that pops up. This should be the HD content install (2gig).

-Do the 3rd update, which should be the most recent multi-player update.

-After this update, it will say that you need to restart for it to take effect. DO NOT RESTART. -> CANCEL.

-Go to the in-game store and re-download the CR expansion. Should be free since you already own it.

-When this is done, DO NOT accept the offer to restart. Instead, exit straight to the Xbox Home Screen.

-Now install the game disc content to your HD.

-Start the game, and your CR expansion should unlock
-Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 66 of 71 (2,372 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Have you looked in the premium store in the Battlefield 4 menu? It should list all of the expansions and allow you to download it. It won't show it in the playstation store because it's not technically released to the public yet.

Message 2 of 71 (33,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have it on xbox shows i have it but cannot play any of the china rising maps or get and of the dlc's pretty upset as can't play it.

@turtlebuds wrote:
First, I'm writing this on my iPad, so forgive any errors...

I'm a BF4 Premium member on PS4 which gives me all Xpacs with early access, but also pre-ordered BF4 so my game came with the CR expansion as well.

China Rising was released this morning, so it's out now.

I downloaded CR but it isn't letting me access it, so I deleted it from my notifications list and it's not in my library (I assume it didn't install), so I went to playstation store to reinstall it but couldn't find out where to access it from, so I just re-entered my code (which gave me a prompt stated its already been used), but it gave me the information for the code stating it a china rising expansion code, but it wouldn't let me re-download it...?

When I start BF4, there is no prompt to download china rising, even though I'm a premium member, and also had the pre-order bonus for it. Even if I try to start Air Superiority game it just prompts that I don't have the required expansion and nothing more.

When I look in the Premium options from the game menu, it mentions china rising and gives some brief info, but no option to download.

I can't find the option to download china rising *anywhere*; not on playstation store, not in the BF4 game menu...nowhere.

I've been searching for the past few hours and I have to say it really has me pretty upset, I can't believe this big of an oversight has been made for such a simple thing.

All other game downloads and addons for other games have worked just fine, and I've been able to find them no problem, so I know it's not me just being stupid. Can anyone help me find a way to download it again, or force it to prompt a download for CR?

Thanks in advance!

Message 3 of 71 (33,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have them downloaded but the will not play.  they start to load and just sits there not froze up

Message 4 of 71 (32,635 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,i had a problem regarding China Rising DLCs,i not yet redeem the code as i bought it new,but after continue,screen appeared that said my code already been used..please help me on this matter..my disc region is R3,tq

Message 5 of 71 (31,032 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

same thing happend to me,  nice one EA.

Message 6 of 71 (30,980 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hi it say the download will be avliable between 12-6pm GMT it's now 8.35 GMT and I have premium membership but still unable to download this game pack it doesn't show up at all in the ps store or on the in game store.
If I search servers I can see others playing it but can't join.
I have run the update today when I inserted the game disk this obviously installed after download but I assume this is just a game or patch update?
What's happening when can we get on this map pack in the uk? A we in for even more disappointment or is this the last of it?
Message 7 of 71 (30,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i also have this problem on pc, its showing i have it due to preoredering, but i cant pklay it even though it says its installed

Message 8 of 71 (30,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ps3 not working either. I have premium like everyone else an I had the update when I started the game but no dlc to be found :,(.
Message 9 of 71 (30,587 Views)

★ Novice

im having the same problem, good job ea, game is acting **bleep**ty but i like it so i wont stop playing, then maps drop and cant even play them, are you tryin to make me purposely  waste money or you just cant seem to get your **bleep** together. i paid for premium so i should get what i paid for, i dont buy a movie and then play it only to look at black screen, i mean damn 

Message 10 of 71 (30,088 Views)