BF4 Can't Play help me

by Fuagola

Original Post

BF4 Can't Play help me

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've tried mltiple times to get into a game on battlefield 4 but I load in take about 5 steps then i get disconnected with a msg saying:

Error
Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'F34R_ME_N0T' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe
Now im no expert but by 'Service Communication Failure' im pretty sure it has something to do with my internet communicating and connecting with the server, but trust me when i say my internet is perfectly fine so i dont know wat the problem is. someone plz help. This is on PC.
Message 1 of 5 (318 Views)

Re: BF4 Can't Play help me

Hero

There is a Punkbuster installer located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\punkbuster\redist

Try reinstalling Punkbuster though that. It can also be used to check for connection problems.

Also make sure you don't have a security program / the Windows firewall installed that is blocking it.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

★ Novice

Have you tried going to the punkbuster website and downloading the software then updating it manually for battlefield?

Message 3 of 5 (291 Views)

Try this solution, basically that error says that the punkbuster parent server cannot communicate with your punkbuster client on your machine. 

[ New ]

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/RESTRICTION-Service-Communication-Failure-PnkBstrA-exe/m-p/16...

Options

‎10-20-2013 05:47 PM

I got the RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe message.
I finally fixed mine after reading lots of forums, i did a few of my own things, some probably not needed, and others probably noobish, but in the end mine works!
i did:
1. Open windows firewall
2. click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. make sure that "all programs that meet the spesifications" is checked
6. then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. go to these 2 links:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
10. download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. add a game (eg. bf3)
13. check for updates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 5 (288 Views)

★★ Novice

I have punkbuster installed but i cant seem to find the file in the advanced settings -inbound page that you described.

Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)