BF4 Campaign freezes during 2nd Mission - PS3

by 14thehammer

Original Post

BF4 Campaign freezes during 2nd Mission - PS3

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Because of the server updates, I decided to play the campaign. During the second mission the screen goes blank during a cut scene but maintains audio. I have tried to replay the mission. But still the same malfunction.

Very disappointed in this game so far. There is always lag when spawning in, either with sound or function. I can only play online from the quick match option, have not yet been able to choose a game from the Server Browser option. Also do NOT like the vehicle controls.

I understand not being able to play because of an update. But a again, very disappointed when I can NOT play the Campaign either.

(this Never happened in BF3)

Message 1 of 18 (9,927 Views)

Re: BF4 Campaign freezes during 2nd Mission - PS3

★ Novice
I just opened the game I received for a xmas gift and I have the exact same problem. Any word on a fix??
Message 2 of 18 (9,594 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try restarting the campaign - this happend to me and then later got corrupted. i restarted and i got threw the whole campaign - i would save it on multiple divises if you have them incase it happens again

Message 3 of 18 (9,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue on the VIP mission, after they get in the helicopter, I died and instead or restarting from that checkpoint, it showed a black screen and I only had audio. I could hit pause and the audio stopped but nothing else changed. Another issue with dying during a mission was one time I jumped out of a window while heading up to the VIP and I died when I hit the ground and when the checkpoint restarted I was outside of the building in a pit. It's really buggy and I've restarted the campaign 3 times now because after the dying glitches it doesn't seem to save my progress and I have to start over. I just bought this game and expected more from it.
Message 4 of 18 (9,512 Views)

★ Novice
That is precisely my issue I had. A black screen with the loading icon on the top right. I could shoot but not see anything. I'm going to try restarting the campaign this weekend and see if that works. I also expected more from this game and I'm disappointed so far.
Message 5 of 18 (9,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Anyone have a fix for this issue yet?
Message 6 of 18 (9,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reastarting single player for the 6th **bleep**ing time because of this. I get half-way through the secon dmission, the chopper gets hit, every single enemy ignores EVERY other character and kills me, then I'm stuck on a **bleep**ing loading screen while the game plays. If I try to restart, I HAVE TO REPLAY EVERY SINGLE THING I did. Fix your **bleep**ING game, Dice. It shouldn't be that **bleep**ing hard to fix a GAME ENDING glich like this.

Message 7 of 18 (9,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Had the same problem during the second mission, at the end when the guy gets shot before entering the chopper, it automatically saves a check point, if you die during that gun fight and respond, it'll just show a black screen. I had to restart the second mission from beginning and NOT die during that part in order to beat it.
Message 8 of 18 (9,328 Views)

★ Novice
I finally had time and calmed down enough to try again. I re-did the second mission and dies again further in the game after securing th helicopter than before but still died. Once again the damn thing reloads with a black screen and the loading icon top right corner. I can hear what is going on and shoot but Canon see anything at all. Wish I could he my money back for this worthless game
Message 9 of 18 (9,126 Views)

★ Novice

can someone not die and see what happends

Message 10 of 18 (8,959 Views)