BF4 CTE Update

by Vapulabis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BF4 CTE Update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi

When I try and play BF4CTE it tells me there is an update and do I want to do it, I say "yes",  it tells me "Your All Set", then goes back to Update Available.

It wont update, I have tried

1. Logging out of and making sure of Origin is fully closed down - No Improvement in the situation

2. Restarting the computer - No Improvment in the situation

3. Repairing the game

If the answer is a full install again, then unfortunatley I would not do it, I have 1.5 - 2.0 MB download speed and the first time I installed it took 34 hours solid to download

Message 1 of 2 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF4 CTE Update

★ Novice

Fixed it myself

here is what I did.............

Close Orgin

Go into the Orgin Games Folder - Rename the "Battlefield 4 CTE" Folder to "Battlefield 4 CTE1234" ( easy to remember the change!)

Restart Origin and go through the process to start the download of BF4 CTE

PAUSE the download

Go Back into the Origin Games Folder and delete the new "Battlefield 4 CTE" folder and rename the orginal folder back to "Battlefield 4 CTE"

un-pause the download and it should quickly check all the files

my fault was still there but at this point I hit the "Repair Game" option

It Worked - so why Repairing the game did not work under normal conditions is beyond me

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)

All Replies

Re: BF4 CTE Update

★ Novice

Fixed it myself

here is what I did.............

Close Orgin

Go into the Orgin Games Folder - Rename the "Battlefield 4 CTE" Folder to "Battlefield 4 CTE1234" ( easy to remember the change!)

Restart Origin and go through the process to start the download of BF4 CTE

PAUSE the download

Go Back into the Origin Games Folder and delete the new "Battlefield 4 CTE" folder and rename the orginal folder back to "Battlefield 4 CTE"

un-pause the download and it should quickly check all the files

my fault was still there but at this point I hit the "Repair Game" option

It Worked - so why Repairing the game did not work under normal conditions is beyond me

Message 2 of 2 (234 Views)