BF4 Beta on PS3 freezes before Menu screen.

by theomarkhattab

Original Post

BF4 Beta on PS3 freezes before Menu screen.

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded and installed the bf4 beta smoothly without any problem. However, when I started the game, it gave me the loading sign for 3 seconds and it was an endless black screen from there. The PS would then freeze and I would have to restart it. I tried restarting it a couple of times as well as redownloading and reinstalling it... but unfortunately, it keeps freezing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (2,275 Views)

Re: BF4 Beta on PS3 freezes before Menu screen.

★★★ Newbie

same problem here.  this happens only when i'm signed in to PSN,  when i start the BF4 beta offline it goes to the menu but PS3 freezes as soon as i sign in to PSN.  Changing or creating new account did not solve the problem.  btw: this also happens to me with Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Message 2 of 5 (2,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ohh ok thanks for the heads up wicked, I apppreciate it!

Ill give it a try and see if I am lucky.

Message 3 of 5 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

btw i found a way to make it work.

not sure if it'll work for you too..

Use the account that you bought premium with or MOH  (Dont use any other account), sign out, launch bf4, then sign in the first time it asks you to.

That did it for me,

Hope it works for you too.

Message 4 of 5 (1,939 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, the only difference is that I have the real game, and not the beta!

It's true that you sometimes can log in to PSN after entering the game, but that only works 1/5 times.

Message 5 of 5 (316 Views)