Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

BF4 Beta. Can't control or input at all.

by XeroAbsurdity

ORIGINAL POST

Accepted Solution

BF4 Beta. Can't control or input at all.

★★★★ Novice

So, I double click the Beta icon, find a server and join it, but once I do, I cannot move, or click anything. None of my keys do anything. The game doesn't seem to be frozen, and I can see things moving about, but I have no input whatsoever. If I could get some help on this, it would be vastly appretiated. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,165 Views)

Re: BF4 Beta. Can't control or input at all.

★★★★ Novice

Just an update. I can hear ingame noises, hear chat, and for some reason I can still bring up the Origins menu, but once I do open up the Origins menu I can't do anything in it, except use Shift+F1 to close it. 

Message 2 of 7 (1,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

:manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: Another  update. I can spectate a game just fine.  :manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: My controls work, and my mouse ... actually  works. Too bad I can't play myself, but hey, I only paid 70 bucks right?:manhappy:  :manhappy: :manhappy: :manhappy: Why play when you can watch others play!? :manhappy:

Message 3 of 7 (1,144 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Welp. No idea how or why, but doing this 

1 - GO TO BF4 FOLDER (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist)
2 - OPEN _INSTALLER
3 - OPEN VC
4 - OPEN VC2012UPDATE3

5 - OPEN REDIST 

6 - THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click in "reapair"

Fixed it, it seems. 

A big thanks to forei and tonfloorwalker apparently. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,116 Views)

Community Manager

That's really interesting to know. Good that you having your controls back. I will add that to our internal data collection. Confusedmileyvery-happy:

See you on the battlefield!

Basti

Message 5 of 7 (1,104 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I am still getting this problem, the repair trick didn't do anything. When I join the game I cannot click or use any leyboard buttons but I can open Origin in game.

I have tried a load of fixes but nothing. It's REALLY starting to get on my nervees

Message 6 of 7 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

good set of instructions, I urge anyone having the problem to try this,

unfortunately these steps didn't help me. So the search continues

but thanks a million for the solution despite it didn't work for me Standard smile

UPDATE

well it works now.. After repairing vcredist, updating directx and manually installing Punkbuster... I finally 

cringed and installed 331.40 nvidia beta drivers and that did it. The game now takes input..

Hope this helps

Cobjeet

Message 7 of 7 (1,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Welp. No idea how or why, but doing this 

1 - GO TO BF4 FOLDER (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist)
2 - OPEN _INSTALLER
3 - OPEN VC
4 - OPEN VC2012UPDATE3

5 - OPEN REDIST 

6 - THEN LAUNCH THE vcredist_x64.exe

Click in "reapair"

Fixed it, it seems. 

A big thanks to forei and tonfloorwalker apparently. 

Secure your account

Turn on Login Verification to protect your information.

View more on EA Help