BF4 BUILT IN FOV ZOOM HACK Aiming down sights BUGGED. URGENT!!

by alfarjamie

Original Post

BF4 BUILT IN FOV ZOOM HACK Aiming down sights BUGGED. URGENT!!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

In BF3, no matter what FOV you used you would always have the same FOV when aiming down sights.  This was fair, normal, made rational sense and gave no one an advantage on actual aiming, just running around.

In BF4 this is not the case, actually giving players with a high FOV a disadvantage when taking aim down sights. 
And giving people with low FOV a disadvantage to their surroundings, but better aiming precision especially at distances. 

Please lock the the FOV of aiming down sights the same way it was in BF3. This was fair, right now this is a bug and making me want some kind of macro or trick that will change fovs for me automatically till it is resolved. But knowing dice this bug will most likely never get resolved. Even though it was in BF3 and it made having a high FOV have a point! Now i feel like having a high FOV i am advantaged in close quarters and disadvantaged in the entire rest of the game, in terms of aiming. 

Examples of aiming down sights with FOV change: 

60 FOV : http://i.imgur.com/WpsY31l.png [i.imgur.com] 
MAX FOV: http://i.imgur.com/59sCOIw.png [i.imgur.com] 

Please lock the FOV for aiming down sights like it was in BF3. (I did tests before on BF3 to figure out this theory and FOV was locked down sights) 
Coming to BF4 and now not knowing what the hell i should set my FOV as is headache worthy. 

If you aren't going to do this, just lock FOV at 90 for everyone. 

Or make a second slider for the FOV of aiming down sights.
This clearly wasn't intentional because it wouldn't make any sense, people have greater advantage at aiming with a low FOV now and its no longer personal preference.

I can get 2-4X Magnification or possibly more aiming down the iron sights of a pistol with 60 FOV (im no mathmatician) and with max FOV it is so far zoomed out i feel like im disadvantaged at aiming.

This is a bug, arguably ironsight zoom hack!

FIX! please.

Message 1 of 7 (2,194 Views)

Re: BF4 BUILT IN FOV ZOOM HACK Aiming down sights BUGGED. URGENT!!

★ Novice

bump.

Come on dice fix this! lock FOV with all sights!

Message 2 of 7 (2,134 Views)

★★ Novice

bump this!!

Message 3 of 7 (2,103 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback, this has been forwarded to DICE and their Battlefield 4 Team. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,088 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump, what is the status of this? Is it a bug or is it intentional?

Message 5 of 7 (1,933 Views)

Community Manager

It was part of a bigger list of feedback sent to the studio last week, usually we don't get a detailed and separated response for each item on the list. At the moment they are working hard at fixes for client and server crashes and various other bugs that are having a major impact on gameplay or statistics, I'm sure they will look at it further down the line.

Message 6 of 7 (1,920 Views)

★★ Novice

bump this !

Message 7 of 7 (1,640 Views)