BF4 BETA--- Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

by zipkicker311

Original Post

BF4 BETA--- Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

★★ Novice

Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

I get this messege almost everytime i try to play the BF4 Beta.  I can ALWAYS join a server and it loads very quickly, but 90% of the time I can't finish a round because of this error.  I have a solid gaming pc and can play the beta with all graphics on high no problem.  I do use a Wi-Fi connection but it is always strong around 130 mbs.  I have noticed when the error occurs my internet connection is momentarily lost, but recovers as soon as the game drops.

I understand this is a beta and a very fresh beta at that...but since I can't find anyone else with this same problem I'm completely stumped as to how to fix it.  I'm worried this is a problem only I am having.

I trieed to play BF3 and it works fine...never drops me out of a game.

I've tried a bunch of fixes already and am resorting to the forums for some help and advice...please this game is so awesome...I need to be able to finish a round!!!

Message 1 of 39 (23,045 Views)

Re: BF4 BETA--- Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out.

★★★ Newbie
I get the same issues. Nothing else drops out except bf4. I lose my entire connection for a split second and it drops me from the game and my connection TS stalls until the game closes. Any ideas?
Message 2 of 39 (22,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. I can't even join a server. When clicking on "Join" I have 5 seconds before BF4 quits with the message described above.

I hope this will get fixed soon, cause these connection problems have never been fixed in BF3 ...

Message 3 of 39 (22,594 Views)

★★ Novice

I have noticed that the ERROR does not occur when I play in servers where my ping is around 100.  Most players would search for a room with minimal ping, which is what I was doing when I constantly got the ERROR message.  I usually played in rooms where my ping was between 10 and 30 or so.  I played 3 rounds in a row without dropping when my ping was around 100.

So anyone getting that ERROR and getting dropped from a game due to "Timing Out" try playing in a room with higher ping than you normally would. 

Yes it lags a little more but at least I can finish around.  I obviously don't want to do this forever but for now it seems to work.

Give it a try and let us know if my theory is true or just a fluke.

Message 4 of 39 (22,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope :\ still seemed to happen, well... actually, i joined a game in tokyo with 180 ping.. which is not near 100, since there was none at 100, so idk

Message 5 of 39 (19,226 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey guys, i found the solution.

Go to your router interface and disable the UPNP.
Restart your computer, 

and play !!

Message 6 of 39 (18,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

same problem here... sometimes if i luck out i can get ONE round in.. I tried everything posted about time outs but still no success.

Message 7 of 39 (18,974 Views)

★★ Novice

God this is getting worse and worse the more I play the game and it's driving me crazy!

Message 8 of 39 (18,646 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I had luck playing on a higher pinged server. I was playing on the low ping ones and now I played on a 80 ping one and have played about 10 rounds with no dc. 

Message 9 of 39 (18,611 Views)

★★ Novice

Playing on servers with a higher ping doesn't help me.Confusedmileysad:

Message 10 of 39 (18,424 Views)