by Nicodemus85Sr

Original Post

Re: BF4 BATTLELOG TRANSITIONING PROBLEM

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

disable aa

disable post aa

use dx11

(windows 10, i7-4790k and radeon 7850 with catalyst 15.4 beta) 

Message 21 of 30 (2,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

Quoted from OP: " so almost every time i play bf 4 my game crashes and it says ''transitioning'' in battlelog. Keyword here is crashes. The odd time  BF4 has crashed due to my wrongdoings or my computers specific problem it'll cyclically remain in perpetual 'Transitioning"

Examples of when this has happened to me.

1.Over clocking my graphics card will eventually crash me and I get "transitioning". Lesson learned there I guess Standard smile

2. Just today my Winamp music player gave me a "nullsoft direct sound error" and I couldn't output any volume at all. Tried to launch battlefield but all it would say is "connecting to server". The odd time my sound has failed in game (Teamspeak related) I have received the transitioning problem.

Now, if your game is crashing and you get this problem it could be the culprit of this message. Fixing the source should be the panacea to this problem. It seems no one has linked the two variables applicable to the OP and/or haven't specified if they apply to them also or only one variable does. It sounds like an important distinction to make so thought I'd mention it.

Were now hitting page 3 with many people experiencing the same problem. Statistically thats starting to point to an external problem on the DICE end but before we should go on could I just clarify with the others: Are you crashing first? (PC problem, not DICE)

Thanks fellas

Message 22 of 30 (2,857 Views)

★★ Novice

After playing BF4 since the beginning 2 years ago, this started happening to me about a month ago after the Spring 2015 update. I can play for 10 mins, then a black screen and the Transitioning message. As others say all I can do is go to task manager and stop the service. 

This happens on both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version.

Win 7

No overclocking

No other program playing in the background

Nvidia GTX 770

EA/DICE really need to sort this.

Message 23 of 30 (2,693 Views)

★ Novice

Same is happening to me. I'm loading up the game the new window opens. I click it. I wait a while for the match to load. The whole screen either freezes or turns white. I checked task manager and it says I am using 98% of it. Even Ark runs better! I have tried waiting for an hour on the frozen screen nothing happens!!!!

PLEASE EA FIX IT!!!

Message 24 of 30 (2,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've been talking to EA Support today, and they gave me the following fix for my problem (Game froze at spawn screen with top-right message saying: 'Friend Left - Joining Cancelled' with the screen turning white when I alt-tab and Battlelog saying: 'Transitioning').

Step 1:
From the Start menu, select Computer.
Select the C: drive.
Select the ProgramData folder.
If this folder does not appear, press Alt, select Tools, then Folder Options.
Select the View tab, then check Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Right-click the Origin folder and select Delete.

Step 2:
Now please try to repair the game from origin.

Step 3:
Launch the game and test if it works.

I hope this will atleast help out some of you.

[Edit]

I don't think this was the fix, but maybe it is. I restarded my PC and my game crashed again, but I noticed that when the game did run normaly I had turned off the AMD Raptr app, so when I restarded my PC Raptr was running again. So I closed Raptr again and my game runs normal again. So for all the AMD users that have this problem, try turning off AMD Raptr.

Message 25 of 30 (2,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

fix ive been using

Guys, ive been having this problem for the last few days ever since i did an AMD driver update, so i reversed the driver install still no joy every game either campain or multiplayer just failed with transistioning, i also read in an earlier post from Heerings_net they were also having issues with AMD raptr however on my system it is plays.tv as soon as i stop this process running in task manager the games starts without issue

my current system is

windows 10

AMD Radeon 290x

Message 26 of 30 (1,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also have the problem
And I don't know what to do
Can some one help pleas
Message 27 of 30 (1,374 Views)

★ Guide

Hey guys! 

Any chance have you already tried following the steps in this topic : 

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064774794328459/1/

Should help you fixing the issue! 

Good luck! Standard smile 

Message 28 of 30 (867 Views)

★★★ Novice

the game was fine now we getting all these problems ne idea why?

Message 29 of 30 (792 Views)

★★★ Novice

what if u only play shanghei 24/7 was playing lastnite all was good nek minute

Message 30 of 30 (790 Views)