Re: BF4 2x/4x XP events

by IIPrest0nII

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That's more like it. It has taken a while for them to realise that BF4 players are loyal and have, over the years, spent a lot of money and been very supportive of the game. Excellent news that there was a bonus XP period.

Also, I noticed that this weekend (19th/20th August) there is 2xXP for BF1 but not BF4 - looks like we'll be waiting a long time for the next one for BF4 players!

EDIT - there is nothing else for BF4 on the calendar at all and yet things mentioned for BF1 all the way till 2018. The last DLC for BF4 was released less than 2 years ago and yet there seems to be a total lack of care for BF4 players.

Message 11 of 18 (1,594 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @MujiXxX,

the calendar is updated regularly. The events are usually announced on shorter notice than any updates or DLCs would be. So don't let the lack of 2XP announcements disencourage you, they're also announced close towards the event dates for BF1, not only BF4 usually.

Message 12 of 18 (1,542 Views)

★ Guide

I am getting the feeling that BF4 is dead in the water and no one at EA really cares about its users anymore.

The 'Calendar' page is now called the BF1 Calendar page and does not even mention BF4.

I think we are not likely to get any XP weekends again.

Message 13 of 18 (1,515 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MujiXxX

There is no reason to worry. Battlefield 3 still gets 2XP sometimes and Battlefield 4 too. Check time-to-time Battlefield Calendar and follow Battlefield Twitter:

https://www.battlefield.com/calendar

https://twitter.com/Battlefield

Remember that Developers turn on 2XP in BF1; BF4; BF3 during various events  Standard smile

Message 14 of 18 (1,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thank you for responding.

But if you look at the tab for that web page it says 'Battlefield 1 Calendar'. There is no mention of BF4 (or BF3) and there are no events for BF4 mentioned below it either.

The last event for BF4 was in July. That's three MONTHS ago.

As for tw!tter, I went back and checked and there has been no mention of BF4 in Aug, Sep or October.

Message 15 of 18 (1,491 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Saying about Battlefield Calendar, there you can see 2XP event that was on October 12-15

As was mentioned before, this calendar about all Battlefield games even if it was named "Battlefield 1 Calendar"  General events were for BF1 yes, but there are some events like 2XP for other Battlefield's. Look at screenshot Standard smile

Battlefield 3 was released in 2011 and it still gets 2XP. I think you should not worry about Battlefield 4.

Message 16 of 18 (1,484 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, but let's put it into context. Here is the whole page and there is one small mention of BF4 which I obviously missed... but it was pretty easy to miss.

Message 17 of 18 (1,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I think they need another double XP boost event for bf4 this weekend coming make it last until 8\25\18

Message 18 of 18 (1,311 Views)