BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 to PS4 Upgrade - Digital Copy?!

by G1RLIE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 to PS4 Upgrade - Digital Copy?!

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I'm planning to get a digital copy of BF4 from the Playstation Store. Will I still be able get a "voucher code" to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 for $10? Or does that only apply to physical copies???????

HELPPPPPP

Message 1 of 4 (1,293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BATTLEFIELD 4 PS3 to PS4 Upgrade - Digital Copy?!

★★★★ Expert

Sony is today revealing new details on its PS3 to PS4 upgrade program which lets gamers move up to a next-gen copy of select PS3 games for only $10. 

Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and Watch Dogswill all be part of the offer, and the discount applies to both physical and digital versions of their lesser PS3 counterparts.

Packaged copies of each game will include a code that can be redeemed on PlayStation Network for a PS4 digital download of the same title.

Just remember not to throw away the original disc when your PlayStation 4 arrives; you'll need the original PS3 Blu-ray to activate each PS4 download.

Things are much easier for users that buy digitally, as the PlayStation Store will keep track of purchases and automatically price participating next-gen titles at $10.

Keep in mind that this is a limited time promotion. Codes and downloads must be redeemed by January 31st for Assassins Creed IV and Watch Dogs. Battlefield 4's cutoff is March 28th and the deal runs until March 31st for Call of Duty: Ghosts. 

But doing business directly with Sony may be easier than similar upgrade programs being offered by retailers.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,304 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Sony is today revealing new details on its PS3 to PS4 upgrade program which lets gamers move up to a next-gen copy of select PS3 games for only $10. 

Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and Watch Dogswill all be part of the offer, and the discount applies to both physical and digital versions of their lesser PS3 counterparts.

Packaged copies of each game will include a code that can be redeemed on PlayStation Network for a PS4 digital download of the same title.

Just remember not to throw away the original disc when your PlayStation 4 arrives; you'll need the original PS3 Blu-ray to activate each PS4 download.

Things are much easier for users that buy digitally, as the PlayStation Store will keep track of purchases and automatically price participating next-gen titles at $10.

Keep in mind that this is a limited time promotion. Codes and downloads must be redeemed by January 31st for Assassins Creed IV and Watch Dogs. Battlefield 4's cutoff is March 28th and the deal runs until March 31st for Call of Duty: Ghosts. 

But doing business directly with Sony may be easier than similar upgrade programs being offered by retailers.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others &all . Click XP if someone helped! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 4 (1,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

would it increase 24 players to 64 online if i upgraded the disk to ps4?

Message 3 of 4 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Both the code input AND the purchase had to be completed prior to the expiration date? I put the code in awhile ago, but was able to get the ps4 today.
Message 4 of 4 (732 Views)