Application error 0xc000007b

by Nilla_Godzilla

Original Post

Application error 0xc000007b

★ Novice

Hey guys, after the latest patch that was supposed to address the netcode issues, I've been unable to join any games from Battlelog. It'll say joining server, and then the error box pops up saying

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

And that's it. I click OK and nothing happens, the "joining server" message remains displayed but nothing happens. It's really lame as I've had 0 issues playing the game pre-patch but now I can't. After combing the BF4 forums apparently a lot of other people are experiencing the same thing, but we all know how much of a pain in the ass it is to get ahold of EA for support, and how they love to leave issues in the dark.

Solutions I've tried so far:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game

-The solution this guy says worked for him on the forums: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065230469775311/

-uninstalling/reinstalling DirectX and the needed things from C++

I'm at my wit's end on how to fix this so I'm throwing this out there on the Anser HQ hoping somebody has a solution or any ideas I haven't tried.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: Application error 0xc000007b

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. i tried reinstalling the vc2012Update3 within the BF4 folder, no luck. I have checked .NET framework and directX. No luck there. i reinstalled my Garahics drivers to a previous driver as that was the most recent thing i did before the patch, no difference either.

I was getting 2 error mesages pre-patch, but the game still played fine so i ignored them. Thought they were just another BF4 quirk. Now i downloaded the patch and read all the great things that it was meant to have fixed, getting all excited to finally play the gam that i thought i purchased 8 months ago, but no, i should have known better. 

Any help would be appreciated before i bite the bullet and uninstall the game and throw it in the bin.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: Application error 0xc000007b

★★★ Novice

sonex666999 said:
OK I FIXED THIS. DO THE FOLLOWING.

1.right click C: Drive in MY COMPUTER, click properties, tools, then Error checking, check now, u may need to restart windows for it to do the scan,

2. repair game with all usb sockets unplugged apart from kboard/mouse, i noticed when replairing bf4 my mic disabled so it was doing somthing with the drivers.

3rd thing i did was Download and replace the following DLL files, Some we actually missing, not sure why.

Go to

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip [bitdefender.com]

put these files in the following folder:

C:\windows\System32\

Let me know how u get on, this worked for me, good luck

ALL RIGHTS GO TO sonex666999!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 3 (389 Views)