why are origin update/downloads soooooo slow? 12 hr, s for an update, come now.

by 0279

Original Post

Re: why are origin update/downloads soooooo slow? 12 hr, s for an update, come n

★★★ Newbie

Its still slow for me Frown

Message 11 of 17 (2,312 Views)

Re: why are origin update/downloads soooooo slow? 12 hr, s for an update, come n

★★★ Novice
Problem im haveing is origin wont stop update and i cant cancel it and wont let me do anything and we i try it freezes my pc
Message 12 of 17 (2,111 Views)

EA DICE Team

@darthrevanstar

If you are running into issues with Origin, please try the following steps:

Message 13 of 17 (2,095 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

video unavailable

done all above and im on a cable 113mbps connection and still origin updates real slow. like im talking about 18KBPS. ive seen it go higher but yeah not my end. EA needs to rework their * cos steam is out doing them when it comes to downloading games and updates. 

when you look at the two jpg's there seems to be a big difference in speeds. why must ea say its our computers when steam has no drama. why does ea have to make things difficult on their users and blame them?

if ea are blaming us then why did they make such an un user friendly background setup compared to others?

Message 14 of 17 (1,892 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @DJPlayem,

in the latest (beta) version of the Origin client, you can adjust the download speed, maybe that helps.

I just tried downloading the FIFA demo and it worked fine - also make sure to check the basic troubleshooting steps and also look at the ports to open for Origin.

DL.PNG

Message 15 of 17 (1,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nice but the video is unavailable
Message 16 of 17 (1,250 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 3 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 17 of 17 (1,231 Views)