battlefield 3 purchase query from ps store

by ibibokid

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefield 3 purchase query from ps store

★★★ Newbie

i borrowed a disk(standard edition)(region: India) for this game for playstation 3 from a friend, played it and returned. now i want to purchase its premium edition(same region). will the application work if i purchased and downloaded it from the ps store? will my progress continue from where i stopped playing on that same account?

Message 1 of 4 (464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: battlefield 3 purchase query from ps store

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You don´t have your friend´s BF3 disc anymore, so you can´t launch your already installed game anyway, right?

If you delete it (just the game data, not your profile/progress), I don´t see why it shouldn´t download BF3+Premium+DLCs from PS Store.

Good luck Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (425 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ibibokid If you mean Multiplayer progress, In theory, yes. If you will use the same Account, then your progress will continue.  If you will create a new account special for you, then your progress will be lost and you'll start with zero. 

For playing Battlefield 3, you need to have:

1. Your own PSN ID (PSN Account)
  2. EA Account to link your PSN ID

How to link your PSN ID to your EA Account you can learn here: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

Message 2 of 4 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you for the quick reply.

earlier i played the game on disk. it is still installed on the system. if I purchase the premium copy from ps store, will the application download and work??

Message 3 of 4 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You don´t have your friend´s BF3 disc anymore, so you can´t launch your already installed game anyway, right?

If you delete it (just the game data, not your profile/progress), I don´t see why it shouldn´t download BF3+Premium+DLCs from PS Store.

Good luck Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (426 Views)