battlefield 3 problems ps3

by biteme1989

Original Post

battlefield 3 problems ps3

★★★ Newbie

I recently purchased a brand new copy of battlefield 3 on the 9th may 2013. At first everything was fine and I had no problems but for the last few weeks i've been having loads of problems with the game like ps3 constantly freezing whenever I attempt to start battlefield 3. ps3 not being able to read the disc, spawning with no weapons half way through a match, screen coming up black with just a loading message in the bottom right hand corner when I try to join games or if I do manage to get into a game and finish it then it doesn't freeze but wont bring up any details on ribbons and experience points ive earned during the previous game and stays on that screen even when the next round starts and i can't even quit to try join different server. I've tried deleting all battlefield data from my ps3 and then reinstalling it ive also taken my game to a store and had the disc cleaned and ive also tried rebuilding my data but i still having the same problems any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: battlefield 3 problems ps3

It seems like you have two seperate issues here, spawning with no weapons and random lock ups and freezing.

For the spawning with no weapons, this is a workaround and not a permanent fix.  When I spawn with no hands and no weapon, I hit the button to switch weapons (Triangle on PS3, “Y” on Xbox, and "2" on PC), the game will hesitate slightly and my hands will appear with my pistol.  I hit the button again and it swaps at normal speed to my primary weapon.  This works every time for me but not always for everyone who has this problem.  I play BF3 on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 and it works on each platform for me.

For the freezing: on PS3 there are a few things that may help:

1.  hard wire your console into the router

2.  turn off the PS3 media server - this allows other devices to log into the PS3 to access media and is a resource hog

3.  Rebuild your PS3 Database (don't worry you won't lose any data) as described here:  http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/tips-and-tricks-ps3-rebuild-database-faq-recovery-menu/

4.  Ensure that your console HDD isn't almost full

5.  Make sure that your console is clean and dust free in an open space - heat makes computers (and consoles) run slower.

If none of these work you can delete your BF3 installation and reinstall it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)