Re: Xbox one bf3 going hunting freeze glitch

by simtcr

Original Post

★ Novice
I encountered the same freezing problem at the end of "going hunting"
I tried a few things ie(unplugging network cable, clearing alternative Mac ID, hard reset, restarting the mission, reinstalling) nothing worked.
What worked for me was looking at the back of the jet. I first turned right all the way, the jet scene made it further than it ever had for me but froze upon completion at the black loading screen. So I closed the game, restarted bf3 and loaded to last check point this time I turned all the way left, jet landed, screen went black but loading square in bottom right was flashing then bam! Completion screen came up beginning to load next level.
So it may or may not work for you but turning all the way around in the cockpit to the left allowed me complete the mission. I hope this works for everyone else too!
Message 21 of 26 (977 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Turn all the way to the right lookin at the back of the jet, you will get to the green tinted screen it will freeze, reboot game turn all the way to the left this time looking behind and it will go to the next mission your welcome
Message 22 of 26 (3,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you look at the back of the plane while video is playing the game doesn't crash!

Strange solution but I was straight through to the next mission 'Operation Guillotine'

Message 23 of 26 (839 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey @jburton3203 and @RedMist1972,

thanks for providing and conforming this workaround - I'll mark that as solution until I hear otherwise. That should help other players, hopefully.

Message 24 of 26 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of the solutions here worked for me.

But there was a Battlefield 3 update today on my xbox one, and after that the game worked fine without freezing.

Message 25 of 26 (626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 26 of 26 (581 Views)