Unable to Change Settings / Kit Loadout / Key Bindings

by NerdFail

Original Post

Unable to Change Settings / Kit Loadout / Key Bindings

★★★ Newbie

So basically, as the title states, I can't change kit loadout nor key bindings. Also, while I may be able to change settings such as resolution and what not with the arrow keys, I cannot see what I'm changing the settings to (since they don't appear), and this has begun to really frustrate me. While I may be able to use the external setting editor program to change settings and key bindings, I cannot do the same with my kit loadout. Also, I have a few other symptoms that make gameplay very difficult, such as the lack of crosshairs on my screen whether I'm on foot or in a vehicle. I also do not see the markers indicating where an objective is on campaign, coop or multiplayer.

I've searched everywhere for answers and have been able to come up with nothing definitive. I've checked the minimum requirements and I do pass the bare minimum except maybe my graphics card (stil hard to tell if that passes). But even if it doesn't pass the minimum requirements, it's only by a small bit. Plus I've already gone in the game, and on low settings / resolution, I can play the game almost entirely smooth (save a few spikes every now and then).

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.40GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

DirectX version: DirectX 11

I've tried quite a few suggestions, the big ones coming to mind are updating drivers (already were virtually up-to-date), going into windowed mode, trying to put the game to match my screen's resolution. And also, if possible, do give suggestions other than "get new hardware". I understand that my specs barely touch the minimum requirements, but considering that I can still play quite smoothly I don't see how it's an issue unless it's some sort of compatibility thing, in which case it'd be great if you could be specific. I prefer options that can be attempted without dropping more cash, so even if you think it's a long shot, please do suggest it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (3,520 Views)

Re: Unable to Change Settings / Kit Loadout / Key Bindings

★ Novice
Message 2 of 3 (3,508 Views)

Re: Unable to Change Settings / Kit Loadout / Key Bindings

★★★ Newbie

again, I can change settings just fine with the external editor, but that still doesn't solve the other problems like no objective markers, no crosshairs, and no kit loadout change. Plus I literally intsalled it and ran into the problem immediately after. My installation definitely went smooth as butter, but just to be sure, I also ran origin's repair and it found no problems with my client either. I can't really afford to completely download it again and re-install as it does take up quite a lot of bandwidth, and I'm on a limited plan.

Message 3 of 3 (3,500 Views)