Re: Transfer game to another Origin Account.

by icatastasisi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transfer game to another Origin Account.

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have a copy of BF3 + Karkand upgrade which I have been playing since it came out.  Now I have bought a brand new BF3 Premium edition to replace it.

My son wants to play my old BF3 'basic' which is now registered to my origin account.  How do I un-register it from my account, so that I can install it on his?

I'm going to install the Premium version under my origin account obviously.

Br

Samreg

Message 1 of 20 (56,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi,

Contacting support for this matter would not be useful, as we do not allow transferring a game from an account to another.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
Do you want to answer somebody's question? click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".

View in thread

Message 3 of 20 (63,961 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Guide

It is not possible to remove, or "un-register" a product from Origin.

Perhaps the EA support can help you. You can contact them via http://help.ea.com

Standard smile

Message 2 of 20 (56,677 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi,

Contacting support for this matter would not be useful, as we do not allow transferring a game from an account to another.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
Do you want to answer somebody's question? click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 3 of 20 (63,962 Views)

★ Novice

Um...I have the same problem exept i dont have the discs(cant find them)Is there to transfer i have a product key

Message 4 of 20 (55,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

My boyfriend and I share a desktop PC with The Sims 3 (installed from a disc) on it.  In the recent past, I downloaded two expansion packs:  Master Suite and Fast Lane.  This was under my Origin account.  A few days ago, my boyfriend found a promotion for two expansion packs (High end loft and Night Life) and downloaded them to the same computer under HIS Origin account, not realizing that the other two expansion packs were under mine.  When he installed the two new expansion packs, a message popup stated that the original Sims 3 base game was not compatible as it was not downloaded through Origin.  We fixed this problem by registering the disc on his account.  However, the two expansion packs (as well as many individual items purchased with SimPoints) that I purchased BEFORE cannot be moved to his account.  Will all of the expansion packs still work together when I play?  If not, how can we transfer these purchases to a single account so that we can play with all of our expansions simultaneously? 

This is not an issue of attempting to get two-for-one.  We would be happy to have these games on a single account, as long as they are on the same account.  How can this be done?

Message 5 of 20 (54,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

TO:

Why do you assume that people automatically understand? What you are doing is preventing us from retaining any value from a purchase in hopes of making people buy games many times rather than being able to share. i.e. I get over a game and buy the newest edition, would rather not waste the old one that I never play. I could give it to someone who WOULD play it, enjoy it, and possibly be convinced of buying the newest version as well. Now you could have a new customer based on a game that was going to be totally wasted. Instead, smart people can see your system as a capitalistic attempt to maximize profits at the expensive of customer service and appreitation. You have every right to make that choice as a business, and you will also try to market as always being PERFECT for customers, but in this specific case, your actions suggest capital over the interest of your consumer. I would like to understand why you think this is in the best interest of your company in the long run...

Message 6 of 20 (53,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just found this port, you are able to do it, I think they have a way to actually link the accounts now. But in this post it was done from the EA member http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/340021.page

Message 7 of 20 (53,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just want Orgin/EA to know I also am having this issue. I got my dad the game as a gift and he downloaded it on his laptop but his laptop wasn't strong enough to play the game. He gave me the game because my PC is stronger and now I can't play the game. So no one is able to play this game. Your attempt to control your game has prevented me from wanting to continue using Orgin or playing EA games. This is because this was the first game I tried to play from Orgin and EA and the outcome was terrible. Due to your greed I will not give orgin or EA a cent until this hoax is fixed. Which is a shame because there are titles by EA I would be interested in playing. I have used Steam for a long time and have been very pleased so they will now get more of my family and friends business. Even though I am one person I hope I bring attention to this hoax and Orgin or EA decide to fix it to at least allow transfers between accounts.

Message 8 of 20 (49,716 Views)

@LilXRican wrote:

Just want Orgin/EA to know I also am having this issue. I got my dad the game as a gift and he downloaded it on his laptop but his laptop wasn't strong enough to play the game. He gave me the game because my PC is stronger and now I can't play the game. So no one is able to play this game. Your attempt to control your game has prevented me from wanting to continue using Orgin or playing EA games. This is because this was the first game I tried to play from Orgin and EA and the outcome was terrible. Due to your greed I will not give orgin or EA a cent until this hoax is fixed. Which is a shame because there are titles by EA I would be interested in playing. I have used Steam for a long time and have been very pleased so they will now get more of my family and friends business. Even though I am one person I hope I bring attention to this hoax and Orgin or EA decide to fix it to at least allow transfers between accounts.

This isn't greed, it's standard industry practice on Steam, Uplay, PSN, and even Xbox Live that once a game or DLC is redeemed on an account or purchased by a specific user account it cannot be transferred to another account.  As a PC gamer it is also your responsibility to check the minimum and recommended specs for a game before purchasing in order to ensure that your machine can run the game.

If you purchased the BF3 for your father from Origin you may be entitled to the Origin "Great Game Guarentee" which would refund your purcase, please read here to see if you qualify: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/IMPORTANT-Great-Game-Guarantee/td-p/1418236

Should you be elgible for the Origin Great Game Guarentee be advised that you should have your father present so they can establish that you are trying trying to invoke the guarentee on his account with his blessing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 20 (49,715 Views)

★ Novice

Hi guys ,i  have a  problems  ,i  can't  login  o server whit mine primary accaount on bf3 ,so  i create an new account whit a different emeil,but i don' t if if i  can play bf 3 on this new account.I buy premium edition ,and i  have an  cd key,so can i used the cd and the game in the my new account ,pleasse help me,ty  verry verry  much.have a nice day

Message 10 of 20 (46,823 Views)