Re: Removing games from my Origin account

by EA_Joker

Original Post

★ Novice

@Techniz wrote:

I contacted Origin help and they were able to remove the games from my account. It's slightly painful but it works.

How did you contact them?

Message 11 of 30 (8,024 Views)

Message 12 of 30 (8,009 Views)

★ Novice

@MorningTimeCloud wrote:

Here, @ShedoSurashu https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Where there exactly? When I go through the menus, it just brings me back to here (Answers HQ).

Message 13 of 30 (7,993 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 14 of 30 (7,990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you contact them?

Message 15 of 30 (7,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

It worked for me and the EA operator kindly deleted real-time a pair of games from my Library as by request and confirmation.

Message 16 of 30 (74,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks Hex. I just deleted a number of games following those instructions. Pretty painless. Not quite as easy as Steam's process though not difficult either.

Message 17 of 30 (6,510 Views)

EA Community Manager

Hey guys, hope you're all sorted by now.

By now you're probably aware of the fact that once deleted, you cannot download or launch the games anymore - that's why that feature is available for EA Advisors but not customers. If you redeemed a code in order to unlock the game, the code will not become redeemable again.

If a particular game bothers you or you just don't wanna play it for some time, you can also just hide it in your library. This way you can tidy up your library and only display your favorite games - if you ever want to go back to the other games, just use the filter option in the top right corner of the Origin Games Library.

Message 18 of 30 (6,475 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just got goty copy of dragon age 3  can I remove lower copy without removing new one?

Message 19 of 30 (6,210 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The answer is yes. That's what I did myself. I had both Dragon Age Inquisition std and then GOTY, and asked to remove just the std version.

Once done I checked the GOTY and was able to install it and was perfectly working, tested.

Message 20 of 30 (6,203 Views)