[READ] Battlefield 3 Crash Fixes etc. - PC, XBOX 360 & PS3..

by XSV_NiTEMARE

Original Post

Re: [READ] Battlefield 3 Crash Fixes etc. - PC, XBOX 360 & PS3..

Hero (Retired)

Hi aidentheowner!

I have check your current graphics card, and it shouldn't be a problem.

However, you can encounter this issue if your hard drive having too much files to handle or if you have any background programs up and running while you launching the game.

Try to clear up some space, delete every unecessary file/files and close all background programs. And make sure you have all latest drivers installed as well as the latest version of Origin.

Let us know if you have more questions about this.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 31 of 128 (37,422 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi there soundbucket!

Sorry to hear about your issue,

Please, take contact with a Game Advisor here and they can help you further. Be prepared to provide them with your order number and personal information. (To verify that you are the account holder).

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 32 of 128 (37,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi again.

My friend is still with his freeze/hangs problem with the game.

The problem seems to occur only when playing on some private servers. Weird thing is we completed the 2nd mission in co-op mode with no problems at all, and that took some time, (im not a good heli pilot, lol).

Not sure if it helps, but i´m linking to a screenshot of my friends error. (It´s in spanish but still, perhaps some useful info may be taken out of it)

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_8321651bf3-bsod.jpg

He sent me lots of dmp files with some errors, but im not sure how can i upload those so u can check them.

Please help!

Regards, 

Martin.

Edit:

Bastian gave me some other possible solutions from here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Game-Freezes-no-response-from-Computer/m-p/548608/highlight/f...

Still if anyone has another idea or "fix" to try, im more than welcome to hear it.

Thx

Message 33 of 128 (8,705 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi martinchophoenix!

Thank you for providing us with so much usefull information, regarding your issue. :robotwink:

I will take a further look into your problem, and I will get back to you as soon as I have solution to you.

In meanwhile, try to reinstall Origin and make sure you have the latest drivers installed. 

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 34 of 128 (37,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi n1t3mar3xsv, thx for keeping up to this.

Yesterday my friend uninstalled and installed from scratch the latest release of Catalyst drivers (he has an ati 7950).

Uninstalled and installed from scratch Origin to its latest version.

He downloaded the latest Ageia physx drivers (even tho he has an ati card) as Bastian suggested me on another post.

Also he disabled cloud saving and something else about sending information from his hardware or something like that.

He´s got ingame graphic setup down, can´t remember if it was to low or something else.

Also he cleaned up his rig with a small air compressor just in case it was a cooling issue.

He also disabled his antivirus and firewall (Avast).

And so on...

Well after all that (and other fixes from before) he went online and tried to play again. No luck, computer still randomly crashes when playing.

And tired of that, he said to me that he went on single player mode and played for more than an hour without problems...

After that, went online gaming again and...bam frozen pc.

It seems to be some online problem or some weird issue with the servers he is playing in. Most of them are from Argentina (for better "ping").

I do too access those servers without problems. Other servers from USA mostly have higher latency and we can´t play well (we are both in south america).

I told him today to try and play on different servers around the world, regardless of latency. Just to see if the game crashes or not.

Maybe i can give you his profile name so you can see he has lots of disconnects ingame or some other information you can use to debug.

I don´t know what else to do really and he is getting really frustrated with the game. 

Regards,

Martin

Message 35 of 128 (8,671 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi Martin!

This issue can also appear if you are playing on a server with a huge amount of tickets. (1000 and above).
I recommend you to restart your internet router and try many different servers.

If the problem for any reason still persist, try to port forwarding:

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Port Forwarding

First you need to add Battlefield 3/Origin to your firewall and security program’s exception lists. Now use these Ports:

PC

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

PlayStation 3

TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127

UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

Xbox360

TCP: 53, 88, 3074

UDP: 53, 88, 3074

How to Port Forwarding: ^

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/VirginMedia/Netgear_CG3101D/Battlefield_3.htm

Let us know if this work, or not.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 36 of 128 (37,374 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@martinchophoenix

Hey does your friends pc goes in a soundloop while playing online? Like brrrrrrrrrrr?

Message 37 of 128 (8,663 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Guys.

n1t3mar3xsv

My friend is connected directly to his ISP modem/router with no access to change the config. 

I don't think this is the problem since he logs in to origin and then establishes a session/connection to any server he wants. 

He disabled firewall/antivirus before launching Origin with no success too.

I have a different antivirus software program, and i did have to manually permit activity from origin and other processes related to bf3. (Not his case)

the1andonlywolf

Yes, the "image" freezes and the sound keeps on loop like you said. *Onboard sound with drivers up to "date" the pc specs are on my first post.*

When that happens he has to manually reboot the computer. Regarding this, i read that disabling the sound card may help, but he (my friend) refuses to play without sound. I would too, since the audio/sound in bf3 is one of many incredible things to enjoy. 

And while i was typing this, i convinced him to get a generic pci sound card to keep testing. =)

I also asked him to get me a screenshot of the event viewer on windows to see if we can find something else that may help us narrow the problem.

Message 38 of 128 (8,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is what I get when I launch the program.  I have done the punkbuster thing and have not had any luck what so ever.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: bf3.exe

Application Version: 1.6.0.0

Application Timestamp: 511c9356

Fault Module Name: atidxx32.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.15.10.163

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd977

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00064a17

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Message 39 of 128 (8,572 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi viperdvr!

I will take a more in depth look on your issue. I will get back to you again as soon as I have more information.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 40 of 128 (8,552 Views)