Premium Membership missing, DLCs intact, Live chat isn't working

by triadwarfare

Original Post

Premium Membership missing, DLCs intact, Live chat isn't working

★★★ Novice

I have a problem with my copy of Battlefield 3 Premium stat. I have bought Premium a year ago when it was first released. I have gotten all DLCs from Premium. I have stopped playing BF3 for several months as it was getting stale and been playing other games. When I got back, I have noticed that I have a regular knife instead of the ACB-90 (not that it's a problem, I loved getting the old knife back). But I was shocked that my premium membership is missing.

I tried sending them an email but they told me to go to Live chat and closed the case without asking or trying to resolve the issue (double facepalm). Probably, the EA customer service is restructuring and closing off email support in favor of Live chat. However, Live chat doesn't even work. It says "Wait Time 5 minutes" and with an eternally loading screen and none of the buttons are clickable. I have waited forever and even have played a game for an hour or 2 but nothing's happening. I have tried all 3 major browsers (IE10, Google Chrome, Firefox) and it still doesn't work.

BTW, I'm not a US resident. Live chat may not work for me as probably, EA is focused on USA first, other countries last. Probably, email support will still be the best option for me as I don't like being stuck in a loading screen without telling me if I was even placed in a queue.

I also work as a live chat consultant from a Telco but I can see some inefficiencies of EA live chat. Customers who take the option of live chat should be presented a button to be placed in a queue, show the customer his/her place in the queue, and will automatically pop-up once a consultant is available, not just a loading screen that was ripped out from Apple, give an estimated timeframe that does not budge, and a "Chat Now" button that's eternally grayed out.

Message 1 of 1 (124 Views)