Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
mojousp
Accepted Solution

Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

I am playing battlefield 3 for ps3 and keep getting stuck trying to retrieve the stinger missile near the end of the rock and a hard place mission.  when I am told to get the stinger missile from the growler I see the blue sign saying stinger missile but when I go around the burned out vehicle there is nothing on the ground. When I back up the word stinger shows on the ground but there is nothing there. I've looked on walkthrough sites and they show a stinger missile lying on the ground. Did something happen during the ridiculously long original game load or am I doing something wrong. thanks for any help.

bob

Keeper
overwatch2009

Re: Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

Same issue.  No visible stinger.

Keeper
jay4000

Re: Possible glitch with battlefield 3 ps3 rock and hard place mission getting stinger missile

As far as we know,the patch update released before DLC Aftermath,,for some reason introduced this Glitch/Bug into the campaign,people have told EA the problem over twitter and EA said that they would look into it

Sentinel
dig423

If you go to game data utility in the xmb, delete the battlefield 3 data (NOT your save game data), start the game, press circlewhen prompted for the update, load campain, select previous mission, select rock and a hard place, the stinger will be there.
Keeper
gastonwalpole

Did that and it didnt work for me, shouldnt have to delete the game data to fix the problem just make and update and fix the issue!!!!! This is a discrace
EA_Nils
Topics: 262
XP: 1,203
Solutions: 1,287

Heya everyone,

For those of you on PS3, please have a look at the latest workaround over here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/PS3-Xbox-360-Stinger-missing-in-Campaign-Rock-and-a-Hard-Plac...

Thanks,

Nils

Keeper
javierbargallo

i do that  erasing game data ( the update)  but all i can have after load the game on the mission is a black screen and i must too reboot the ps3 then i update again and the mission loads , but again with the imposible pass error of no visible stinger  in any place!!! i just bought the game on ps3 and thats a shame i cant pass the campaing nothing of nothing when they gonna resolve it !!!! im gonna return this buggy game