PS3 update 1.08

by raphaelbruts

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS3 update 1.08

★★ Novice
Hello, like many other people I can't download the update 1.08. Connexion works fine for all my other games (as BFBC2) and updates. My PS3 is DMZ. The problem comes clearly from EA. So, question : when will we hear about EA trying to fix the problem ? Thank youuuu.
Message 1 of 4 (364 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS3 update 1.08

★★ Novice

I finally brought my ps3 at a friend's place and I dowwloaded the update using a different ISP.

Downloaded in less than 8 minutes.

The game works fine now.

So the problem comes indeed from my ISP (numericable).

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi raphaelbruts!

Try this and it should work again:

On the XMB go to GAME > GAME DATA UTILITY > BATTLEFIELD 3 and delete the file.

To access the PS3 Safe Mode or PS3 Recovery Menu.

1. Turn off your PS3 so you see that glowing red light we are all familiar with.

2. Turn on your PS3 and HOLD the power button. Keep holding until it turns off.

3. Now turn it on again but this time it will be a little different. Press and hold the power button and you will hear. 1 Beep …. 1 Beep ….. then 2 quick Beeps at this point release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. Return to step 2 if this happens.

4. You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable.

5. Welcome to the PS3 Recovery Menu you’ve made it! Select option 3 “Restore File System” and press X. 

Follow the instructions, then when its done start the game. But beware it has a large update so give yourself plenty of time and occupy yourself while you wait.

Source: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/BF3-update-1-08-HELP/td-p/18...

If the problem still persists, report back here again and I will help you further.

- Sincerely, Timmie.

Message 2 of 4 (352 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Today update 1.09 is released. 

I've just started downloading it : it seems to be ok, at least it starts normally, not as 1.08 did.

Now, the file is 2Go. Time to wait : approximately 760 minutes.

How come I can download bigger files from PSN in very shorter time ?

Message 3 of 4 (343 Views)

★★ Novice

I finally brought my ps3 at a friend's place and I dowwloaded the update using a different ISP.

Downloaded in less than 8 minutes.

The game works fine now.

So the problem comes indeed from my ISP (numericable).

Message 4 of 4 (324 Views)