Origin "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again."

by shadolesknight

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again."

★★★ Novice

I recently bought Battlefield 3 at Wal-Mart. Upon installing you must install Origin first. I installed it and tried to set-up and account. It said it couldn't connect. So, being who I am with computers, went to the Origin site and registered through that way. However, when trying to install again I had to login. When I tried to login in I received the following error: "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again later."

Needless to say, I have tried restarting, reinstalling, ports, different internet connections, disabling anti-virus, disabling firewalls, clearing caches, updating, password changes, restarting the computer after all of these and I am still getting the error. I very much like Battlefield 3 and I have it for Xbox but that broke. So, instead of buying a new Xbox I just bought the game for my PC. However, now I have run into this problem and would very much like assistance.

Side note: I know I am not alone in this issues as many others have expressed their concern on this topic as well. However, like me, they have been unsuccessful or the steps they tried did not successfully fix my issue. Updated version is: 9.0.13.2142.

Sincerely,
Micah Messer

Message 1 of 56 (42,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again."

★★★ Novice

FOUND THE ANSWER!

Step One: Run Command Prompt in Adminstrator mode.
Step Two: type "netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt" without the quotes.

Step Three: Restart Computer.

FIXED!

View in thread

Message 7 of 56 (43,132 Views)

Re: Origin "An unknown error has occurred. Please restart Origin and try again."

Hero (Retired)

@shadolesknight wrote:

FOUND THE ANSWER!

FIXED!

lest hope some more players can use it as a fixStandard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 56 (43,126 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

hey

what is your pc specs? try :

right click on the desktop shortcut for Origin,,

go to properties > compatibility tab > check off run as administrator > apply

and restart origin..( i restart whole pc just in case) and try again and let us know what happens.

Message 2 of 56 (41,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

Specs are:

Windows 7

500GB HD

8 GB RAM

2 GB Radeon Graphics

i7 Quad Core 2.10GHz

I tried both compatibility and admin powers. Restarted, didn't help.

Message 3 of 56 (41,993 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Go to start, type MSconfig press enter. Then SHut down your pc, wait for an 30 mins . turn on pc 

Message 4 of 56 (41,986 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nope, didn't do anything. Was I supposed to change anything inside MSconfig?

Message 5 of 56 (41,975 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have literally tried everything. I even created a new host file. This is totally getting on my nerves. Origin is just screwed up I suppose.

Message 6 of 56 (41,960 Views)

★★★ Novice

FOUND THE ANSWER!

FIXED!

Message 7 of 56 (43,133 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@shadolesknight wrote:

FOUND THE ANSWER!

FIXED!

lest hope some more players can use it as a fixStandard smile

Message 8 of 56 (43,127 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much!! This fixed it right away. Randomly got the error ofter playing just yesterday.

Message 9 of 56 (41,780 Views)

Hero (Retired)

happy gamingStandard smile

Message 10 of 56 (41,778 Views)