Operation Guillotine Freezes At Door Breach

by DSS1947

Original Post

Operation Guillotine Freezes At Door Breach

★★ Novice

When I enter the apartment complex and go to breach the door by pressing E it freezes. It won't open the door, but if I press E it tries to kick it. All other movement is disabled, but can still shoot or throw grenade (which kills me). I restarted the mission with no change. Anyone have a suggestion?

Message 1 of 12 (2,872 Views)

Svar: Operation Guillotine Freezes At Door Breach

EA DICE Team

Hey @DSS1947 do you have a controller connected to the pc? If you do try removing it from the PC see if that changes anything. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 12 (2,835 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. No I don't have a controller connected to my PC. I just use my trackball and keyboard.

Message 3 of 12 (2,828 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DSS1947 try removing the settings folder from battlefield 3 documents folder. 

Should be under this folder: C:\Users\(users)\Documents/battlefield3 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 12 (2,795 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks again, but no luck. I tried what you suggested and even uninstalled game and reinstalled and then tried your suggestion with no change. They throw a grenade in the apartment complex, it blows, a guy on fire comes falling out, I go in behind my men, but when I get to the door and press E, it gets stuck.
Message 5 of 12 (2,770 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @DSS1947, is the game complete frozen or is sound and assets still animated in the game?

/Atic
Message 6 of 12 (2,760 Views)

★★ Novice
The animation and sound still work. If I keep pressing E you can see my foot trying to kick door (just a bit). Other movement is stuck (L, R, F, B). Can't turn. Firing gun makes sound and I can throw grenade (you don't see arm move, but grenade appears, guy says (oh %$#@, grenade) which kills me (that's only way to stop game other than through task manager since Escape key is also disabled).
Message 7 of 12 (2,755 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @DSS1947 Thanks for the information! 

If you hold E, what is happening then? 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 12 (2,749 Views)

★★ Novice
Nothing much. My foot stutters a bit like it's trying to kick the door in.
Message 9 of 12 (2,746 Views)

Re: Svar: Operation Guillotine Freezes At Door Breach

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic I note you have not answered the last question. I also have this problem. Screen freezes when I press E as stated below. I have tried it on a Dell Win 10 (I5 processor) and a ROG Win 11 (AMD Ryzen Processor) I have tried to repair and reloaded to no avail. I note that the second machine gun nest is also unable to be destroyed in scene prior to the door opening in the apartment. OK on easy but crashes on Normal
Message 10 of 12 (1,254 Views)