Re: No BF3 DLC Back To Karkand servers on Xbox Live?

by ragnarok013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No BF3 DLC Back To Karkand servers on Xbox Live?

★ Novice

I just started playing BF3 again and decided to get the Back To Karkand DLC this time.

The EA store let me purchase it (it says non-refundable), but it just didn't bother to inform me that there's no Back To Karkand DLC servers running. 

Is this a fraudulent rip-off or just a case of neglect? I understand if no-one's playing it (there's plenty of other BF3 servers still up when I checked), but they should tell you it's pointless to buy it before you waste your money.

Thanks a lot EA punks, at least have the decency to refund my money. I've given you plenty already over the years.

Message 1 of 6 (1,686 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Atlantis5000 wrote:

Listen "Hero": first off, I think it's hilarious that you edited out "schweinsteiger", if you looked at the communty manager's name, you would understand the reference, but then again you are probably not intelligent enough, so I expect you will have to google it like the EA jocker you are.

Secondly, I reiterate my perfectly legitimate point: I paid EA for a working IRNV scope. Their "compulsory" update broke the IRNV scope. You can't make someone pay for one product and then turn it into another. It's deliberate sabotage and criminal fraud. I am certainly  entitled to a refund.

If the DLC broke my scope, I am entitled to a refund for that too. Plus the lag is just awful now.

However, I thank you for the file information -although it is most fitting that the number of your solutions is 666, for it is man's number, and the beast to come shall be known by this number and indeed he shall appear in the midst of great tribulation for an age and an age - and so for this informative gesture, I shall refrain from adding your name to the list.

For now.

Atlantis I know the national origin of the community manager very well and as an avid Bayern München fan I am very much aware of the reference you made which was still a ToS vioaltion as it referenced national origin in a condescending manner.  Your tone and insults will not resolve your problem, hoewever if you settle down and work with us we may be able to assist you. 

You paid for a game and you have access to the game so DICE delivered what you paid for.  DICE as the studio periodically makes balancing changes to the multiplayer portion - some driven by the studio and others requested by the Battlefield community, and the INRV scope was one of the first changes to the game in January 2012 because the community demanded it.  In order to make things fair you cannot play online with other players if you don't have the latest balancing changes because it wouldn't be fair if you had access to the good IRNV sight and nobody else did, or if someone was using the pre-patch famas and others weren't.  I understand your frustration becuase I really liked the pre-patch IRNV and I really liked the mortar before DICE killed the mortar but in the end if we wish to play online multiplayer we deal with the changes even if we don't agree with them or like them.

Regarding the lag we may be able to assist you, please try these steps to help to mitigate or prevent lagging or freezing on your Xbox.  One thing is to ensure that you have a good amount of HDD space left since computers don't run efficiently when the HDD is almost full.  BF3 plus Premium takes up around 20 GB so that is why I am bringing this issue up.

You can also plug your console directly into your router with a Cat5 cable instead of using wireless to play online games as this creates a much faster data transfer with less latency, you can install the game to your hard drive (this creates a faster read and reduces heat since the console isn't spinning the disc) instead of having the console continuously reading the disc, ensure that your Xbox is clean and located in a clean well ventilated area since an overheating console will have lagging and performance issues, and you can clear the cache on your Xbox.  I've experienced lagging with Skyrim and Dragon Age II and the issues went away when I installed the games to the HDD and cleared my cache on a semi frequent basis on my Xbox.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,778 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

The BCK maps should be still played by many players, what are your search criteria, especially what kind of map modes you are looking for?

Please keep in mind that we are a helpful community and do not tolerate any kind of offensive behavior.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 6 (1,674 Views)

@Atlantis5000 wrote:

Alright, I did download the BTK update that was 2.1GB as well as the 108KB key that was $14.95 before that.

So how come the maps don't even show up in my filter options? Is it because I refuse to take MP Update 6?

********, I don't want my weapons muffled after I download updates that I don't really want. I want to keep the weapons I paid for originally, otherwise I should get at least some compensation for having those gameplay elements removed. The IRNV scope was a good weapon against campologists, I want to keep it at its original level.

First off your last comment is out of line and as such I have edited your post, keep it civil.  If you wish to play online you must have the latest update, in this case it is multiplayer update 6.  On Xbox 360 these are the Mandatory updates that you must have in order to play online:

Mandatory Files:

Battlefield 3 Title Update (Auto-Download) - 201 MB

Muiltiplayer Update 6 - 2.0 GB - Note that in order to use the Rent a server functionality, Kit Shortcuts, or any other DLC, you will need the latest Multiplayer Update (at the time of writing this is Multiplayer Update 6).

Minimum HDD space require to play Multiplayer:  2.2 GB

Online pass

Premium file is you were Premium

DLC Specific files:

End Game - 1.8 GB

Aftermath - 1.6 GB

Armored Kill - 1.6 GB

Multiplayer Update 3 (Close Quarters) - 2.4 GB

Battlefield 3 Update (Back to Karkand) - 2.1 GB

HDD space required to play ALL the DLC:  9.5 GB

Optional files for better performance:

Battlefield 3 Disc 1 - 7.3 GB

Battlefield 3 HD Content - 1.5 GB

Old files you can delete:
Multiplayer Update 5 - 1.8 GB

Multiplayer Update 4 - 1.44 GB

Rent-A-Server\E-sports-update - 1.02 GB

Total recoverable space for deleting obsolete files:  4.26 GB

On console in order to use weapons earned via expansion packs the expansion pack must be physically present on your HDD.  If you later delete the expansion pack you will no longer have access to the weapon in game until you re-download the expansion.

Regarding not finding any games go to server browser, click R3, and begin experimenting with the server browser filter.  I recommend not to select "Premium" as a filter as it often reduces the number of servers that are found.  Also make sure that you have selected the maps from B2K in your server browser filter or they will not show up. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 3 of 6 (1,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Listen "Hero": first off, I think it's hilarious that you edited out "schweinsteiger", if you looked at the communty manager's name, you would understand the reference, but then again you are probably not intelligent enough, so I expect you will have to google it like the EA jocker you are.

Secondly, I reiterate my perfectly legitimate point: I paid EA for a working IRNV scope. Their "compulsory" update broke the IRNV scope. You can't make someone pay for one product and then turn it into another. It's deliberate sabotage and criminal fraud. I am certainly  entitled to a refund.

If the DLC broke my scope, I am entitled to a refund for that too. Plus the lag is just awful now.

However, I thank you for the file information -although it is most fitting that the number of your solutions is 666, for it is man's number, and the beast to come shall be known by this number and indeed he shall appear in the midst of great tribulation for an age and an age - and so for this informative gesture, I shall refrain from adding your name to the list.

For now.

Message 4 of 6 (1,647 Views)

@Atlantis5000 wrote:

For now.

Atlantis I know the national origin of the community manager very well and as an avid Bayern München fan I am very much aware of the reference you made which was still a ToS vioaltion as it referenced national origin in a condescending manner.  Your tone and insults will not resolve your problem, hoewever if you settle down and work with us we may be able to assist you. 

You paid for a game and you have access to the game so DICE delivered what you paid for.  DICE as the studio periodically makes balancing changes to the multiplayer portion - some driven by the studio and others requested by the Battlefield community, and the INRV scope was one of the first changes to the game in January 2012 because the community demanded it.  In order to make things fair you cannot play online with other players if you don't have the latest balancing changes because it wouldn't be fair if you had access to the good IRNV sight and nobody else did, or if someone was using the pre-patch famas and others weren't.  I understand your frustration becuase I really liked the pre-patch IRNV and I really liked the mortar before DICE killed the mortar but in the end if we wish to play online multiplayer we deal with the changes even if we don't agree with them or like them.

Regarding the lag we may be able to assist you, please try these steps to help to mitigate or prevent lagging or freezing on your Xbox.  One thing is to ensure that you have a good amount of HDD space left since computers don't run efficiently when the HDD is almost full.  BF3 plus Premium takes up around 20 GB so that is why I am bringing this issue up.

You can also plug your console directly into your router with a Cat5 cable instead of using wireless to play online games as this creates a much faster data transfer with less latency, you can install the game to your hard drive (this creates a faster read and reduces heat since the console isn't spinning the disc) instead of having the console continuously reading the disc, ensure that your Xbox is clean and located in a clean well ventilated area since an overheating console will have lagging and performance issues, and you can clear the cache on your Xbox.  I've experienced lagging with Skyrim and Dragon Age II and the issues went away when I installed the games to the HDD and cleared my cache on a semi frequent basis on my Xbox.

Message 5 of 6 (1,779 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Keep in mind that your insulting and offensive behaviour is in violation of our User Rules & Guidelines.
This board is a place for Gamers helping each other with mostly technical gaming issues. 
We expect a constructive and mature behaviour from our community members, Answer HQ is not a place for general complaints or any kind of insulting and offensive language. It does not matter if you insult an admin, Hero or any other member of our community.

Please keep in mind that continued disregard for our guidelines can lead to sanctions such as a short term or even permanent forum ban.

Cheers
Basti

Message 6 of 6 (1,636 Views)